for Eternal Boy Syndrome

4/11/2015 c1 4pumadelic
Absolutely brilliant.

A consistant and likeably snarky voice with real feeling in it. Economical and deft use of the original material and the rampant mother longing behind it. Fear of death, fear of aging, fear of powerlessness and flying as suicide.

Like the original witty, callous and heartfelt.
11/8/2013 c1 4Fiery Dancer
Very interesting take - nicely done fic :)
3/22/2012 c1 2obsessivedreamer
God this made my heart sink, in a good way.
11/27/2011 c1 primrose path
Whoa, this is really fantastic. Comical, but dark. Messed up. I was torn between the wonder of holding onto your childhood – keeping your imagination, brightness, the vitality – and the shock of what a problem it can really be for people, and also for the people they know.

I loved how you tied it so well to the story we all know and love. Of course, it was an intentional retelling, but the end product really turned out to be amazing. You linked Peter Pan to something that’s quite common for many of us living in society today. I mean, the story of Peter Pan does that on its own, but this links it to something darker. Some of this actually hits quite close to home.

The end made me hold my breath. It was strange; I felt like my heart was soaring, saying, “Yes, yes!” to what he was thinking, but I was terrified he’d actually take that step. Agreeing, hoping that we could be brave… but understanding that to do that, in this case, he would leap… And I guess I don’t know whether he did or not. Frightening.

Loved it! Thank you.
11/8/2011 c1 1DofD
I love it. I absolutely love it. Seeing Peter like this is completely and utterly comical. I love it!
10/11/2011 c1 ForgottenHope
Wow... That put a whole new spin on this well-known story. And it made it oddly touching... In a good way! Very well done. You really spun a classic into a more modern version, while still keeping the soul of the original Peter Pan. Very impressive. Not a small feet.
7/4/2011 c1 Our Lady Silence
I loved it. Thank you.
2/14/2011 c1 2WinterInk24
I really like that line. "If only life could be as simple as a bell chime." That just sounds very speical to me. Such creative writing as usual. I really can imagine Peter and Hook as a patient-psychologist relationship. Hehe. Peter is like a prent's worse nightmare. Lazy, immature, and has ideas of jumping out a window. Still love how he acts though. XD
1/22/2011 c1 2MuffinsRoxSox
Peter Pan, I've always loved that story.

I like this; it was cute. Well, not cute, but... You know what I mean? If you don't, sorry for wasting your time. :)

Anyway, I need to be doing some homework, so I'll go now. :)
10/5/2010 c1 16non.graceful
:p it'd be hilarious if he jumped off of the windowsill in the end for some reason...
7/6/2010 c1 22effervescent-sentiments
I definitely like this as a one-shot. :) I felt like a couple places were too tell-y, needs a little more show, would be stronger that way, but at the same time I feel liek you've touched on something here. I was thinking about my friends back in high school. They didn't want to grow up, either. Just wanted to keep flying.

Maybe you could make the audience realize Peter's fear a little more? Right now it's implied but we don't get the same feeling of horror. I think it'd help.

Good work. :) Never seen a modern Pan retelling before.
2/15/2010 c1 Totally Insane
Whoa, that was diffrent from your other stories. I actually liked it and I totally get where that kid is coming from. I actually have this disorder it starts with a C where, well I think so, you're really afraid to grow up. Seriously, I used to be really into Peter Pan and that whole driving thing would probably happen if I did turn 16. But, oh well, I'm just a nutjob who likes what you write. Even The Racoon Wars, which will cause an ultimate range of nightmares.
11/6/2009 c1 insastiable
i like it and think u should continue

i like how u twisted the original "fairytale" of sorts into a dark portrayal of life

i personally really enjoy twisted fairytales

for example, in one of the many peter pan movies (i cant recall which one though...mayb the most recent one?) the mermaids, who were beautiful mystical creatures which everyone automatically assumed that they were nice and caring and were continuously portrayed in that sense, until this movie they were shown as dark, sinful creatures who shouldnt b trusted

now that is my kind of story!
9/10/2009 c1 1Catchalittle
Love it. Hope you continue it!
9/1/2009 c1 natmarie
Wow, intresting prospect. I like the Peter Pan vibe. Never seen a story quite like this. The last few lines are my favorite. Well-written and thought provoking.
37 Page 1 .. Last Next »