for Quentin Quark And The Cult of the Singularity

6/29/2009 c16 619Jave Harron
Cool chapter so far. Sadly, there's not a lot of Quentin as of late. Let's hope they find him. Still, a lot of the secondary cast gets some screen time.
6/29/2009 c16 dreamshell
Hey, Steiner's back. This was a good chapter. I liked the detail of Prague and the hints of Mike's earlier days. Plus, you can't go wrong with some spy thriller-type intrigue. =D
6/24/2009 c15 48Michael Panush
This was a very good story, full of excellent twists and turns, and great characters and dialouge. I wish there were some more explanations about the setting, which seemed to be dealt with very quickly in order to get on with the dialogue, but that's a minor quibble. The dialouge was a joy to read and the countless references never seemed to get overly clever or annoying. I hope there are more stories featuring these characters and worlds, but if there's not, I can sort of understand why. Thanks again for a great story.
6/17/2009 c15 JaveHarron
Interesting interlude here. Still, when will we see Quark again? More of the awesome title character is good.
6/17/2009 c15 dreamshell
Based off of Moore’s “Whatever Happened To the Man of Tomorrow,” right? There’s also the one Gaiman did on Batman. It was an interesting piece, though I wouldn’t have hated if there'd been a little more of it. It sort of felt over before it got around to making much of a point.
6/11/2009 c14 JaveHarron
Nice to have some backstory on a psychotic bastard. Definitely looking forward to see how Quentin and his friends face this.
6/10/2009 c13 dreamshell
*convulses in geekish ecstacy*
6/8/2009 c12 619Jave Harron
Always glad to reread a good story!
5/26/2009 c12 JaveHarron
Definitely a cool chapter. The pace picks up with hopelessly outmatched good guys. Pulp and hard science make a pretty damn entertaining combo.
5/15/2009 c11 dreamshell
“Yeah, but you got to fuck Christian Bale.”

XD

I love this story. So, so much. =3
5/13/2009 c10 JaveHarron
Enjoyed the new update, and the ominous hints about the Cult. Quark's an awesome character, and the writing is kickass.
5/12/2009 c10 dreamshell
Another great chapter. A bit of Quark's past, Odysseus, They Live, and tachyons. =P Nice touch with the resonating theme between the first and last sentences.
5/7/2009 c9 JaveHarron
Very awesome story here. A combo of pulp, scifi, transhumanism, and rebellion with sweet action. I love the fact there's a staunch pro-technology and transhumanist hero rather than the standard bioluddite tropes.
5/1/2009 c1 3Authorial Pretensions
I'm bored stiff by hard science; I scoff at mysticism; I think Lovecraft is arrogant and dry; and I blame MGS for the popularization of the "normal" as opposed to inverted right thumbstick... But, in spite of myself, I found your first chapter to be delightful! And I don't mean to hate on the summary, either. It did make me want to read, after all.

I'll read through and post a proper review when I have a little more time on my hands, but until then, keep at it, this is awesome!
4/29/2009 c8 dreamshell
Nice, another chapter full of pop culture, politics, science, and spirtualism. Are you sure you're not Grant Morrison? =P

I wish I could say more, but simply put, I am in a state of eternal "Awesome!" when reading the QQ chaps.
37 « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »