for made like treasure maps

12/24/2010 c1 17estrellas
this is beautiful. it's deliciously clever and fiercely romantic without being cliche or sappy. this poem really spoke to me.
1/22/2010 c1 16SarahMerriman
I love how you fit in the DNA and the treasure map with such a commonly known feeling. You took something commonly written about and made it your own. Very origanal. "you're the kind of who could make me believe in god again: it's just hard to accept that someone like you could be an accident." This is my favorite part! It sends shivers down my spine. Well done
10/9/2009 c1 174a silenced revolution
"Because you are all the justification I

will ever need." is a sweet, powerful line. i also really like the ending, and the originality of the idea of linking evolution with love. cute and honest. nice work.
9/23/2009 c1 260gg. lass
beautiful.

i loved every line.

it gave me butterflies in my stomach.

amazing.

yours until the wind changes,

gg
8/6/2009 c1 14kit feral
you will feel the way we’re made

like treasure maps;

I love that line so so much.

This is sweet and funny and beautifully written.

Great work.
8/3/2009 c1 49viennacantabile
i really, really like this poem, both in concept and execution. i love the way you carry the metaphor through the whole poem, and i especially love the last two stanzas. well done!
7/19/2009 c1 145young and the reckless
inspiring in a way.

i love the modern links to science and romance.

it brings out my inner nerd, i think.

i particularly loved the line,

"My genes are a letter/I wrote to you in advance,"

...a new, fresh take on the overused phrase,

"just meant to be"

7/16/2009 c1 51for shame
everything about this piece relates and ties back to the idea of a boy being god's gift. every single line in this piece has a backstory, and it draws me in and makes me want to know more, more, more.

this is incredible and powerful, one of my favorite pieces by you.
7/16/2009 c1 173Little girl Big world
"when we link our fingers in little x’s

it marks the spot I’m meant to be -

hand in hand with you." I absolutely adore this stanza. This whole piece is just brilliant. Well done! +adding to my favorites+
7/8/2009 c1 115ArekuKawaii
'when we link our fingers in little x’s

it marks the spot I’m meant to be -'

I love those two lines because they flow nicely and they are good descriptors. It is very unique and it made me smile when I read that.

I don't like the ending about the accident because that seemed slightly anticlimatic for me. The poem was all nicey nice love but maybe not.

Areku
7/8/2009 c1 172DefineBeauty
aw, this is so sweet =]

i really really REALLY (lol) like the way you portrayed how these two people were meant to be. i never would have thought about using science to do this, what with the DNA and genes and nitrogenous bases and what not. it's really unique, and i quote like it =]

i absolutley love the last two stanzas! it kind of contradicts itself by saying that i don't believe in God and that he created the world, but at the same time, you weren't just made on accident by the Big Bang theroy. so it's really clever, and it just makes you think

very well done, iloved it!
7/5/2009 c1 Isca
"Your DNA is a secret code." I love that you combined science with cryptography here.

"Because you are all the justification I will ever need." The tone of this line is so moving. The love behind this line is so powerful and real.

"You're the kind of boy who could make me believe in God again." I wonder why the speaker lost her faith in the first place. I bet that's an interesting story. Anyways, I like that this boy is 'good' enough to make the speaker want to believe in God again.

Keep up the great work. (:
7/5/2009 c1 4Chipped Wool
Oh. My. God.

That was an amazingly awsome poem. It was just... Not only was it adorable in a way, but it was also very interesting.
7/4/2009 c1 4HighOnBrokenWings
Wow, I really liked that coming together of science and poetry. Its kind of odd 'cause I was just learning about that kind of stuff the day before yesterday. I love the bit about the treausre map and stuff... Here, these lines...

"when we link our fingers in little x’s

it marks the spot I’m meant to be -

hand in hand with you."

Loved it. Completely ingenuis poem :D
7/4/2009 c1 17Unique1952
This is very good. I love the beauty in your words and in the message and I especially love the concept (referring to the first line).

Nice work with this piece.