for Redeeming Value

11/26/2002 c1 13Jayiin Mistaya
*gulps* This one hit VERY close to home, madame! As a former cutter and a person diagnosed with chronic depression, I have to say you captured those slow agonizing thoughts where you know you are a bug and you know you are going nowhere to do nothing. The lines '...although she felt desire for a cool razor pulling its way through her breaking skin. Drawing lines of atonement, dribbling out her worthless blood onto the floor where she could wipe it with a paper towel and feel like she’d somehow become cleaner.' were startlingly true, and real. Your second section, where the narrator dicates what happens next, as much as I hate to say this to a writer of such skill, seemed like a cop-out to get to the moral of your story. And the moral of your story is also one that hit very close to home - one of my good friends, my fiance, her father, and her sister all need kidneys or will need kidneys fairly soon. So everone out there - be a donor.

Thank you for this story, esp. the ending.

~ alan m rogers ()
9/2/2002 c1 13Jumping Peanut
Oooh... that's so sad. Poor Valerie. Great story, sad but great. *claps* oh and thanks for the note.
10/11/2001 c1 13mystic wolf
wonderfully depressing story. the line i like the most in this was ".. because that many people couldn't be wrong" how many times have we all fell into that trap? and i'm glad you gave her some redeeming value.. i mean, what if her body was so battered that even her organs couldn't be donated? now THAT would've been depressing
4/30/2001 c1 Gyrus
This story is childish and self-absorbed, and that's why it's great. The times when we are pulled inwards into darkness, like a black hole forever consuming itself, are captured perfectly in this piece. I wonder how many other readers identified with this story as much as I did.
4/30/2001 c1 13Dendera
OMG, Kel! I recall you reading this to me, but it's ten times more depressing than I remember! It is an eloquent statement though, certainly a description of the way we sometimes all feel. "while she lined her eyes up with the stars, wishing she could throw a grappling hook and climb up far away." That phrase really strikes a chord with me. I must have wished for the same thing dozens of times ;)
4/30/2001 c1 Skywalker Child
Very beautiful, Doctor.
4/29/2001 c1 7maybe she will
Y'know, that was really sad. Poor Valerie. But hey, that was a good story, well-written and everything. I really liked the line, "But human beings screw things up a lot. We can foil every perfect plan and ruin all that’s beautiful." Yes. Great story. I'm writing weird reviews today.
4/29/2001 c1 La Loca Chica
Re-ally? You were right, this was depressing. You made my day! And this must be the fifth reveiw I've written today, you lucky cracker. I really should write something instead of rambling on reviews for other people, but oh well. Pos asi es la vida.

anywhyo, it was ... interesting. Muy bien. :/