for Naiyah Friggin' Baker!

3/7/2012 c1 Preposterous
Aww! So fluffy. I love it.
8/23/2010 c1 5I Murder on Impulse
Damn I wish that stuff happened over here :(

Awesome story though!

xx

Ali
6/15/2010 c1 5AnastashaMarie
Hahaha this (walking up to a random hott stranger and kissing him) is on my "bucket list!" Not that you really care about that...I just felt like sharing.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying your stories. I think I especially like the mixed race aspect because it's something most people don't write, and I'm sort of mixed myself (Irish, Russian, and Cherokee). The fact that you write romance just makes it all the better.

Have a lovely day!

Ana
1/7/2010 c1 Hidden Flowers
Ah, I loved this one. I can actually identify to some degree.

I tend to be flirtatious, generally without realizing it, and while I'm not a beautiful, I'm not plain either. I have 'exotic looks' according to my friends. My opinion is that my face is interesting, but my figure is more interesting.

I prefer to say that my chattering endlessly about fantasy and science fiction novels is more fun than lip gloss and boyfriends to a guy. Anyway, the combination draws the attention of more boys than I like. And when I do like it, I make myself look like and idiot.

Trust me, my creativity is endless in finding new ways to spill things, break things, drop things, trip over my own feet. My voice also rises about ten octaves when I'm nervous. It is not pleasant.

Okay... that was a really long tangent to go off on, but such is life. I do that a lot, but this is my longest review in just about forever.
11/29/2009 c1 6Masquerade hide your face
Wow this is by far my favorite story of yours. It was amazing. Write more!
9/30/2009 c1 2asianinvasion0530
Haha I don't think you're a pansy for not doing that. I wouldn't ever do that either.

Anyways, I like how you incorporate your culture into your writing. It's a great way for readers like me to learn more in a non-history-book setting haha.
8/29/2009 c1 Spurlunk
Cute story. I especially liked reading it because I know next to nothing about Native American culture, and I like how you weaved it in without it spending too much time trying to teach or explain something.
8/11/2009 c1 4figment-of-a-dream
This was actually, as a reviewer commented before me, a refreshing read. I haven't seen too many Native American stories on fictionpress, so this was a nice breath of fresh air.

This story isn't too long, but I really like Naiyah's character, from what you show of her. Your descriptions of the pow wow and of the other characters make your reader curious to see more; I for one am now in the mood to go dancing. :) It was also great the way you inserted Lakota into the dialogue. But what's best is that you can really hear your own cultural pride in the words on the screen; your enthusiasm brings the story that much closer to the reader.

Ah, but here come the cons. I, for one, would have loved to hear you write a description of a dance; that would have strengthened the theme you have going in this story. As it is, you only have the after-events, despite the fact that the two main characters love dancing. And while Nai's kiss was a good way to end the story, I could also see another way the plot could have gone; her dancing to music under the fireworks. Adds some touches for her love of freedom and "native pride", while adding to the background. Her just going up to Takoda and kissing him was just slightly anti-climatic, although it's true that she was breaking out of her shell. And the ex-girlfriend? The story could have been done even without her.

However, all in all this was a great one-shot to read; very original! I would love to see you write other stories like this, as they are DEFINITELY understated on this site. Good luck! And the next time you see him, smile back! ;)
8/6/2009 c1 AdiGal
Damn! That was so refreshingly cute.

I'm glad I came across the stroy. Great job!

-AG :)
8/6/2009 c1 FireballVamp009
Excellent one shot, I love how you write these with Native Americans, and mixed race individuals. Can't wait for more!
8/5/2009 c1 MelDolly
This was a great one-shot. I love all your stories. You're so creative.

Next time you see this boy, go talk to him. =P

Hope you get the chance to do so.
8/5/2009 c1 2MiZZ SaHurr
Haha! It's funny, but my writing's exactly the same! Not like plagiarism lol, but like me wishing things I could do, or things I wish happened to me. And oddly enough, most of my writing comes from dreams too! haha. Oh and one more thing, History Repeats Itself is up! I put up the prologue I showed you, and I put up chapter, which introduces Nafia Black, as the central character. And one more favor please? LoL, I was wondering if you could go and vote on my profile, I have a poll up there to see what story I should put up first, since all the ideas are in my head, but idk what to really do first...thanks, girl! You're amazing!