for the not unusual

2/16/2010 c1 51Spider-Matt
Probably the greatest poem ever written.
10/17/2009 c1 612simpleplan13
Interesting piece here. The things you combined we definitely unique and worked well in an odd sort of way.

The description of your grandmother were interesting as well. It created am image of either a really forgetful or maybe sadistic person.

Not sure I get the peeing line though... it sounds like it's insinuating something, but I'm not sure what...

PS If you're bored this weekend check out the Review Game and/or the Review Marathon (links in my profile).
9/4/2009 c1 1k+Faithless Juliet
The description/metaphor of peeing and having it feel like the needles left over from a newly made quilt is dazzling, painful, and wonderfully refreshing my dear, excellent work with that.

I feel like your opening was very cryptic. Syringes, potatoes, clouds, I can’t find a reference point to place them all together, unless they are all easily pocked with a needle. The needle and the syringe have a connection.

I already told you how much I adore the above imagery. It mingles nicely with the idea of childhood (in reference to the grandmother) and the hint of drug use (via syringe). You definitely have to spend some time with your thoughts on this one, but in the end I love it. Keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.

Jules, via the Review Marathon (link in my profile)