for Seeing in Sepia

12/8/2009 c1 3bunnypopcorn
Amazing :).

I love how detailed it is, and your fantastic uses of words. There's a sad, nostalgic feel all around it. I think I feel some tears coming on :').

I really didn't find anything to criticize. It's just that awesome.
12/8/2009 c1 8Adrenalin
God one!

I saw a Torchwood episode recently where a boy had been lost during the massive exodes from London during WWII, and I thought it was one of the saddest thing I ever saw, when the protagonists went to see the old man the boy had become. Your piece shows that in a perfect manner, and I can empathize with the man, with his regrets. During the flashback I was all 'please, pay attention to your mother, you're probably never seeing her again, please please please!'.

And the end almost made me cry.

Your style is very agreeable to read, I saw no spelling or grammar mistakes.

Good luck on the WCC.
12/8/2009 c1 1xenolith
Absolutely beautiful.

I love the title, I love how you fit it into the theme, and I love the flashbacks. You convey emotion so, so well. It's not too much, or too blatant. This part in particular caught my attention:

'The sadness of departure seemed to lack the finality it had had when he was young. Or maybe he was just getting old. The thrill of adventure did not seem quite the same as it had been. Well, he supposed, everything changed. Everything died.'

Just... wonderful. Poignant. Sad. I think you did a fantastic job with this! My only problem the last line in the first paragraph, to me it just seemed like there were too many commas. Otherwise, perfect :)
18 « Prev Page 1 2