for baby

6/11/2011 c1 self-fulfilling prophecy
A mother's love. I'm a man, so it's something I'll never know - but I felt it. My own mother has implied such things so I kind of knew what to make of it. The wonder of life producing life, propagation, evolution - the love one generation feels for the next, and yet that tiny niggling doubt, expressed in the ultimate line - resentment?

Amazing. Very well done.
2/8/2011 c1 237classic violet
I like it, how it delves into the thoughts of being a mother, having a child, questioning the future, what will/might happen. Questioning the love she'll have for her daughter/son. Fantastic.
5/27/2010 c1 7nobody's dream girl
this is quite good. it has like a good rhythm or something.
3/10/2010 c1 32she left ringing in his head
beautiful, you have a way with words.
2/5/2010 c1 173sunshineofyourlife
Wow. As always, I ADORE your imagery. Reading this, I felt pregnant =] lol. Silly I know. This is beautiful.

-Sunshine
2/2/2010 c1 879Moondog Dozier
This has an excellent emotional connection to it. The questioning and worrying aspects are completely relatable. A parent's love and a childs love in return are difficult to put into such succinct words. Marvelously universal emotion. Great write. MD:77.
2/2/2010 c1 54Wiggity Wam
I always said good poetry makes me speak or utter sounds to the screen, and by that indication this is a good poem because I couldn't help but "oh" when reading that last line..

You know, you were the first writer I ever read on here whose endings did that to me. It changed the way I looked at things.

Anyway, this is simple and sincere.. poignant is the word for this one, I think.
2/2/2010 c1 8sealednectar
Oh lovely and sad, but realistic. People do have so many doubts when about to have a child. Well done. I like how only the word 'perfectly' is in two lines- stark. The reader wonders why this was. I liked the lines: 'You can wear me like a coat/Wear me inside out/Wear me down.'

Good work and keep writing.