for Pink Elephant

3/31/2011 c1 Pale Treasures
Hi! It's me again. I thought that, if you allowed Anonymous reviews here, I might get a chance to comment. This is my favourite of all your stories here. I'm afraid I won't be able to say just WHY I loved it, because I don't think I can. It touched a part of me that I don't think I always acknowledge - hard to explain, and it would make me sound insane, so I won't launch into it.

I like how you're not afraid to write unpalatable truths into your stories. The non-linear pace of the story was brilliant. Everyone's thoughts - the girl's as she was about to die, the hypocrisy of the classmates who don't really care about her death, Radhika's somewhat off but genuine reaction to Nadia's death; everything is perfect and feels like a punch to the stomach. Sometimes uncomfortable is good; it keeps you thinking of certain things. The title is great too.

Wonderful job. You're freakishly talented.
10/12/2010 c1 6anachronistic
Really, this is just... amazing. Your writing style is enviable - it has personality, without being too over-the-top or irritating. The layout is very interesting, how it switches back and forth in time, and how the questions are sorta-answered in the flashbacks. And it's a bit depressing, because Nadia's questions aren't answered (shown? Lived?) ... sincerely? How most of the flashes have the people putting their lives before hers, and sort of hash their sincerity. (Maybe why I loved Roopie's friend and her cutting honesty.)

Again, this was amazing.
7/6/2010 c1 58IzumiKaede
I'll admit, it took me two readings to get the way this was organized. But wow. Brilliant. Amazing.
2/18/2010 c1 3Alexis Grey
Wow.

Simply, wow.
2/6/2010 c1 3Purple Glasses
Seriously, I'm like stalking your page.

I loved this - have I ever said anything else about your stuff? - I love the way you jumped between before and after her death, and the way you portrayed all the people in her life. The guy with the girl he's settling for, that girl - Roopie's friend? - who I strangely like, for her honestly, and that other girl, the one who's sort of glad she's dead. I loved how you showed that everybody was shallow, at the end, and mourn not for the girl who died but because 'it's the right thing to do'. And there's the way she keeps asking herself that question - 'they'll scream, won't they?' 'they'll be sorry, won't they?' - and it shows that she's not exactly a moral compass either, and that maybe she's doing it for herself, but maybe she still wants people to mourn her, in a really vain way. And finally - long post, right? - the way you ended it. Simple, and perfect. Especially the part before that, the italics. How the girl is so easily distracted. Loved it. Keep it up.