for The Debutante

9/30/2014 c9 1my princess ending
Stories like these name me wish I lived in that time. Priscilla is such a headstrong and stubborn girl I'm not sure if I like her. I hope whoever saves her treats her well! And I pray somebody shows interest in Priscilla soon because I would cry if she marries Sebastian.
9/29/2014 c3 my princess ending
I can't help but wish that Olive could've attended Priscilla's ball but I'm also glad she won't be there because Ethan will be! I wonder if they're gonna start off with a hateful relationship between the two.
4/21/2013 c17 1leavesfallingup
Actually, from all that I have read on the subject, Ethan's appraisal of Almack's isn't far from accurate. They seem to have made a point of making their cuisine almost threadbare. Sometimes I wonder if wealth and inbreeding didn't scramble a few too many braincells in the English court.
4/21/2013 c1 leavesfallingup
I wonder how many such incidents truly did happen. Surely a few young ladies were so terrified that they threw up, or fainted, or froze. The poor girl.
4/7/2013 c13 OJ
I've read this far. But I'm still having trouble getting to LIKE the protagonist. It almost seems like she doesn't belong in 19th century England, but on a very Christian ranch somewhere deep in the American south..
She's taught for who knows how long by Lady Ainsworth to fit in with the London social scene and she fails at that, and while one might think she is a strong, practical woman like Agnes Grey or Elizabeth Bennet who make up for their lack of social status with their contempt of superficiality, she's not! She's helpless and always needs someone to save her.
I'm not saying that she needs to be "strong and practical," because I admit that is NOT the norm for upper-class women in London, but if she's not that, and she's not a classic charming court lady, then what is she and why is a story being written about her? Is marrying Lord Ainsworth the most story-worthy, redeeming part of this character?
I'm gonna keep reading for a couple more chapters in the hopes that... I don't know. I'll just keep reading and hoping.

On the flip side, your writing is very realistic(?). It looks like your research paid off!
It also seems like kind fathers are like a thematic necessity for English novels set in the 19th century that focus on a female protagonist.
2/20/2013 c35 anna
really enjoyed reading your story!
12/11/2012 c35 Guest
could you tell me please what you felt when you wrote the story? like you live in Regency? :) how did you came with idea to write that story ?
i just want to know beacuse i new with writing stories
12/11/2012 c34 Dana
great story wll you put more stories in first pov view?
10/28/2012 c34 The Quotidian Life
Hey!

I just wanted to let you know that this novella was enjoying to read. I loved every bit of it! Great work.

Cheers,
TQL
10/28/2012 c3 The Quotidian Life
Did Madame DuPont's name change to Madame Dupree?
10/28/2012 c2 The Quotidian Life
I couldn't stop laughing at the line "toast on marmalade"! Even we I reread it, it was still just as funny as the first time.

I'm enjoying he story so far.

Cheers,
TQL
9/13/2012 c34 1Peachy-09
Stunning story. Simply wonderful.
8/1/2012 c34 Make Your Mark
YAY! Something with a sweet ending! (the last story I read had an open ending... hate those! )
7/7/2012 c1 18FreekyDisaster18
Hey! I'm here to share exciting news with you! This story was added to the Historical category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the review:

"It's Priscilla Randall's first season; a period that will either make or break her reputation as a Lady of the society; and already she has bared her thighs to half of the English Aristocracy, as well as the Queen! Despite all these setbacks, Priscilla is determined that she can change her luck and become reputable after all. What she didn't counteract into her plan was the handsome Ethan Howell, Marquess of Ainsworth, who is determined to seduce the young debutante.

One of the most striking things for me throughout this story was fantastic characterisation for all characters; especially Priscilla. As I read the story, I actually believed that if I had been around in this era then I would have most definitely been as clumsy as our protagonist; reputation ruined and living as a crazy spinster! The lifelike characteristics of having a clumsy protagonist determined to become a lady as well as a dashing Marquess that – even in these historical times – is all about the charm factor and the stuck-up sponsor made this story realistic for me. The interactions between all the characters are strong, in-character and are sometimes enough to make you laugh out load or even groan at what the characters have done.

has created a world that has me wishing I belonged in an era where we have elegant balls, beautiful dresses and handsome men to share a waltz with. It was a story that had me hooked from the first chapter right down to the last; and I even let out a giggle of excitement at the prospect that one day will be editing this great story and re-posting! A day I wait for anxiously..."

I also thought you should know that this story has inspired me to read more historical stories; both fictionpress and the published works; so thank you for educating my mind!

Keep writing,

Helen xo
5/5/2012 c1 LikeAppleLove
I really liked this enough to read it all in one sitting! It was sweet and unpredictable in places such as the kidnapping that was a surprise! Still loved it and will be reading the sequal soon!

*favourited*