for Worlds Unlimited

2/6/2020 c57 Jim
Just wanted to say, thank you for the inspiration. Was searching the web for Pathfinder kaiju campaign ideas beyond just having the players fight big monsters. Bingo! Thank you for this creation!
5/13/2019 c61 Vivian Smith1
Class: Technomancer
Race: Shirren (though a human is fine)
Campaign (Regular or West Marches)
Pace: Moderate
Tone: Serious (with an occasional light note).
Style:
Xenoarchaeology
Space Opera
Space Western
Exploration/ Adventure
Hard Science

Aliens: Blend, even mix
comfort Level: Comfortable with most. Would prefer no graphic details of rape or similar actions. romance/intimacy is fine on all levels. Will dutifully smile at awful puns.

What not wanted: Other people to take control of my character without express permission. No god-modding.

NPC: I usually create NPCs that are cared about.
12/6/2018 c59 4D. W. Tyn
Great Concept, Jave. However, I noticed that there wasn't much on vampires. Well, it just so happens that I came up with a an idea for vampires that just might fit in with Gothic Sector: Vampires are really people who have been infected by ancient alien nanotechnology. Please private message me if you're interested and want more details.
7/27/2015 c38 12TorgoTheWhite
Other advantages of the crossbow compared with a gun:
1) Stealth. No muzzle flash. Ones with lower draw weight are also very quiet. Contrary to popular beliefs, silencers only make gunshot noises bearable to the human ear. You can still hear them from far away.

2) You can potentially get away with using crude one-piece mechanisms similar to the ones on the Skane lockbows or South-East Asian crossbows if you don't have the machining tools/expertise to fashion sophisticated triggers. Can't do the same with a reliable gun (discounting handgonne, which are a pain to aim and fire).

3) Bolts are retrievable.

Other ideas for crossbows in the near future setting:

One drawback for crossbow is the long (relatively speaking) reloading time. Maybe our protagonist can use an electrically powered winch to speed up the reloading period, or, better still, automate the reloading and firing process completely. Imagine a chukuno device that doesn't require the user to manually work the lever! That can provide some serious fire power!

Historically, China and other East/South East Asian countries used multishot crossbows (not the same as repeating crossbows) against massed enemy armies both on the field and during siege. Maybe our protagonist can use them to create a crude shot-gun effect.
4/22/2014 c2 4Lolitroy
Wow. You sure have a creative mind :D
3/11/2013 c26 4D. W. Tyn
Pretty cool. Personally, I'd do it both light and dark like the Hellboy movies and graphic novels. I have a couple of character ideas for this setting: One is a former female (Let's face it, you got a total dude ranch going on.) FBI agent reassigned to the Foundation after seeing something she couldn't explain. The other is a older gent who's Rick's uncle and head of the Derringer Foundation. Oh, why not have that ARGOS organization you mentioned earlier in this setting? That way, the John Constantine/Jason Borne cross character we talked about can do the dark stuff, and the DF can do the light stuff. What you think?
3/11/2013 c25 D. W. Tyn
Oooh, a little Warehouse 13 Jave Harron style; I like it. My favorite ones here are Kiss of the Cosmos and the Bokkana.
10/19/2012 c2 Kallios
I just started high school, and I confess that I don't understand a lot of the political terms here... or much of anything else, really. But I do get the broad idea, which is certainly something, and I admire the way you write. No typos and no grammatical errors. You've already got 23 chapters, but keep going!
3/7/2012 c6 Sweety death too lazy to login from fan fic
simply genius darling/ mate

looking forward for the update :).
9/16/2011 c17 Garuda01
Interesting ideas. I do however have an idea that has been bouncing around my mind for quite a while.

Reading back about your work on transhumanism philosophies and watching the film GATTACA, I thought about what if, humanity 2.0 is still divided. One faction believed that genetics, and only genetics is the way forward citing how machines are unrealiable, and the other prefers machines to genetics, citing resources problem that arises if you try to alter the gene before birth.
8/29/2011 c3 RANDOMRANTING
Really good! Big, huge, mother fricken' fan!

And if your wondering why I didn't drop the 'f' bomb, I'm only 11 people!Really good! Oh I said that twice? Ooops. XD
8/29/2011 c2 RANDOMRANTING
I couldn't really understand this one, but the idea is awesome! I might use it.
11/7/2010 c10 Lord Monbodo
Zeitgeist, eh? I would have enjoyed a list of the avatar types or at least some more common examples. Still, nice to see this updated.
10/14/2010 c9 1Crazy Asian
"Palinistan"? GENIUS. I LOVE YOU. Give us more!
10/14/2010 c3 Crazy Asian
I am suddenly reminded of Half-life 2 when I read this premise. Just saying. No particular positive or negative aspect. You do a great job though.
24 Page 1 2 Next »