for Flowers in Fading Hands

6/11/2010 c1 9Alteng
I am not poetically inclined, you know, but I read it.

It is a good depressing piece. Are you refering to my rum drinking, my dear boy?

I really have no clue what to say about the poem.
3/25/2010 c1 9Narq
Hi, you're back!

Like all of your poems, this is really well written and very thought-provoking.

I loved this line: What can twist a person's mind, to think the way some do,/ Until the lies have been believed, and eyes are blind to truth

I'm curious though, in what actually made you write this poem.

Narq.
3/23/2010 c1 3psannie
This was tough for me to read. The subject matter hits too close to my house for comfort. I kept going back to the Greek mythology reference "eat the lotus." Great pairing with the imagery of not being able to smell the flowers but eating the lotus. Although I like your use of metaphor, I wish you could have rephrased "smell the flowers". You are tiptoeing into cliche territory. Hope you don't mind that bit of critique. :) That's rich coming from me, since I'm the Queen of Cliche. I can't outrun the thoughts of them when I write, unfortunately.

I'm a sucker for well-placed alliteration ("weary waking...suffering silence). It makes me want to read the poem aloud. A clever wordsmith can add such figurative language in here and there, as spice. You certainly have done that here without making it distracting.