for Ode to the Viola

10/25/2010 c1 15SammieMarie
Catrien, I absolutely LOVE this. Maybe it's because I'm a viola player like you, or maybe it's because you're just an amazing writer. I think it's the latter. :) Thank you so much for showing me this website. :) I thank you immensely.
10/1/2010 c1 Crystal Fissure
I can't... form into words what I want to say. Odd. O_o

It took me a while to figure out you were speaking about a viola (because silly me doesn't read story titles -_-). I related to this story very much. I play acoustic guitar and, although there are some moments where the damn thing decides not to play the notes I want, it makes the good times, where everything works and nothing but pure melody fills the air, so much more enjoyable.

But... I can't help but feel there's something much deeper and much more intricate behind this. I can't say what it is... but I know it's there.

I can describe this as... listening to your favorite sad song. You love it, but hate it sometimes. It makes you happy but makes you sad at the same time. It does nothing for you but it's your whole world. And you can't live without it. :) I know we all experience this sometimes, whether it be with people or things, but it's a hard concept to put into words.

I'm rambling again aren't I? ^.^ In any case, it is a beautiful piece of work. I'm impressed.
7/27/2010 c1 pageleaf
Nice! I myself play the violin, and I know exactly how you feel. And when I was in the my fourth year or so of playing it, I could not get my vibrato straight! My hand shook like an earthquake hit just it, and it didn't even sound right after all the effort. But, I kept trying for one of those magical moments you described, when everything just fits together, and you really, really and truly, make music! This was an awesome piece, and I really could relate.
7/5/2010 c1 8melaniedances
This is so gorgeous. Almost identical to the relationship of me and my piano.
6/14/2010 c1 lulubee
It's so beautiful! As a musician myself, I can totally relate to the idea of your instrument being your lover. :)