for And the Geek Shall Inherit

12/12/2010 c5 3psycho angel
God, i know EXACTLY how it feels, i cried a whole day coz i got only 98 in the board exam 10th mathematics, my dad wanted me to get the .1% merit certificate, I'm trying to get one this year *fingers crossed*

ps Loved the tangent joke.
12/11/2010 c8 porkchops
loved this story :D
12/11/2010 c6 porkchops
hahahaha! 'the difference between solving a sum ...' really got to me xD can't stop laughing.
12/8/2010 c5 1cerulean-azure
Don't remind me gods. I wince when think of how many times I've heard geeks say that. And "Oh, its actually quite fun"

Like the way you managed to incorporate cultural norms into it :D
11/8/2010 c1 4lookingwest
I'm going to comment both Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 because your Ch. 1 is very short. I liked it a lot, but I wanted more out of it. I loved the way you used second person because it made it a unique read and the way you presented the test question there was pretty cool, I just loved the voice right away, but I really did want more from it here, just a few more paragraphs even. I fail hardcore at science and maths, so I always find it extremely interesting when a writer can blend both the world of creative writing and say, engineering, into one narrative.

Again, loved the second person of Ch. 2 too, this observation and complete focus on the boy is hilarious. I love the way you use the words so easily like "He shadowboxes" and then the "bubbling over with geeksy glee", I think it's really cool, XD. Very innovative, but ack, I'm just wanting more out of these tiny snipets. I really like where you're going though, there's a quirkly cool flavor to the observations and I love the experimentation, I like that you're not afraid to venture into this focus on the engineering student and you're doing an excellent job with the voices.
11/7/2010 c9 14Louis-sama
Review for the Review Game

While I find your story as an interesting and intriguing one, and the idea of showing the kinds of students in your way, I don't think that this story as an actual 'story'. No, I mean, I still feel quite interested with this art of work, which is written in rather unconventional way. I don't mean it's a bad thing though. While I don't really sure whether this story has a plot or not, I think I get the message of this story rather accurately.

And, thanks for your review earlier. I think I will send a PM for you regarding the matter you've brought upon me. Thank you.

Louise the Magnificent
11/7/2010 c9 Titir
Generalizations!

But true!

Where do you fall under? :P
11/7/2010 c8 58IzumiKaede
Yeah, we have a nutter like this in class too.

He doesn't study.

And still he knows scary,scary stuff.
11/1/2010 c8 6A Kiss in the Dreamhouse
Oh, they have a common point! Gaming, lol! Wouldnt have expected any less from the geekworld :)
10/27/2010 c5 Titir
Do all your stories have to do with you and a certain someone...?

But, I like it!

:D
10/9/2010 c5 7inthesto
I like how you've managed to take a cultural norm (Indian parents disapproving of anything young people do) and distill it just enough so that it resonates with kids from most cultures. Almost all of us have had to deal with parents who abhor everything about "kids these days", and it rings especially for those of us who have parents native to Asia (I still remember not wanting to show my parents a report card with an A- on it).

I also love the tiny "cough" you slipped in. It has just enough innuendo to go noticed in the context of hardcore studying, which lets this chapter slide right into line with the rest of the pieces. One little parenthetical really made the difference in this piece.
10/9/2010 c1 Themory
"geeksy glee" I think you meant "geeky" right? I say this because I don't think geeksy is a word.

O, I like the simplicity of this story! It gets straight to the point each chapter.
10/9/2010 c4 2Anarchist Tuberose
:) :) :)
10/9/2010 c5 Anarchist Tuberose
Nice!
10/9/2010 c6 Anarchist Tuberose
I love this story more and more everyday!
80 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »