for Ishiki

7/27/2010 c4 12Kageichi Kagi
This story is amazing, thank you for reviewing my story, I hope I can be as good as you.
7/27/2010 c1 Old xRayneWolfx account
Wow this was very good for a first chapter, I can see a clear understanding of Japanese-Americans. You did a good job =) I look forward to reading more

~Rayne~

Ps: this was for reviewing my Jester poem, so I hope I'm all paid up ^^
7/27/2010 c1 1Michelliiee
The first chapter was absolutely adorable. Now i really feel honored that you liked my work, the way you write is so professional! Your writing style Is one that really throws life onto characters. I can imagine everything in my head as I read it, too, which is one of the best traits that writing should have. ^_^

I absolutely love your use of descriptive words and adverbs, too. How everything is easy to follow and easy to picture. How everything seems well thought out. I'll really be looking forward to reading chapters 2, 3, and 4~

In fact, i wouldn't mind looking for your actual book. good Job! ^_^
7/27/2010 c3 Relix
Wow, what can I say. Truly impressive writing here. The flow of everything is just good. I am more used to fast-paced stories but a slower-paced one where everything is constructed one at a time is truly rewarding. I read Chapter 2 and 3 in a row and to tell you the truth, I came away really impressed. Again. It also seems like you have actual knowledge of Japan and not making random areas or adding stuff that makes no sense or just copying things seen in an anime or manga. It's actual knowledge, or at least it seems that way, and for that I commend you. Believable characters as well. Who knows, maybe I'll actually buy a copy come payday =P. Great work, will read more as soon as schedule clears!
7/27/2010 c1 5Russle
Very nice chapter. I like Joey's personality because it's similar to my own when I was younger. This chapter is well written, and I hope it's consistent as I continue.
7/26/2010 c4 4AvalonNight14
this story is really a masterpiece. im putting it on my books-to-buy list. it is so heartwarming and interesting, with very realistic characters.
7/26/2010 c1 2ransu
I enjoyed the flow of this story: From the dream to the new opportunity at the private school. I can clearly see Joey's huge relief from his change of fate and the sudden change of direction of his life. To say it simply, I will find this a great book to read.
7/26/2010 c1 3raycel44
wow... I'm speechless... To reviewed by someone like you is an honor. ^^ Thanks for the awesome review. :D nice chapter. The dream sequence in the beginning really got me in to your story more. And the way you wrote it. It's just too great. I felt like I was actually there seeing the whole scene. Oh and congratulations for the published copy of your story. I know that your story would do great. I wanted to publish my stories too but I felt like I needed to improve more on my writing skills before I finally publish one. Thanks and have a nice day :D
7/26/2010 c1 Sisp the Enochian
First of all, awesome story. I like the dream sequence at the very beginning, and how used gave sort of a forboding feeling with it. Also the quote "It won't happen again." It gives me a further feeling that the main character Joey might end up scaring the crap out of everyone at some point or another.

Secondly, glad you got the book published, congrats on that. I'm sure it will be a bestseller. :)

~Rouge
7/26/2010 c4 1Kina Omoi
Hey. I really enjoyed the story. It's awesome. I don't know what else to say, but it's pretty damn good.
7/25/2010 c1 2TheDucksDemise
Wow. That's really all I can say.

Okay, not really, but still. Wow.

A lot of people can't write something set in Japan, simply because they haven't done enough background work, but the way you write makes me feel like I'm in Jukyuu City instead of some vaguely oriental America.

What impresses me the most is that Masato addresses Joey by his surname; he doesn't call him Joey because they're not on a first-name basis. I guess that that's a simple satisfaction, but most people don't get it. I dunno. It's the little things that irritate me (I'm really nit-picky), but I didn't find anything like that here.

Anyway, great job. I'm impressed.
7/24/2010 c1 1SilverD3mon
Wow... I really love this writing style. The characters are introduced in quite a nice flow as well.
7/24/2010 c2 9Oscillation
It is fun to think that a fight can create friendship! Good job on the change of mood for the last section of this chapter, it really took me by surprise!
7/24/2010 c1 Oscillation
You do a terrific job of pulling out the best observations to put into your story! I love the realness of it so far. What made you decide to write the story from the point of view of a guy? Is it harder for you to do that than if the main character was a girl? You really seem to have actual experience with life in Japan; are you only faking it? ...Ugh. All of these questions sound a little reporter-like. All I want to say is that I enjoy reading your writing!
7/24/2010 c1 Relix
Oh wow. I am pleasantly surprised. That was so well written and everything flowed so well, the conversations were top notch to be honest, something I sometimes miss when I write. Really good story, everything feels like it has a life of its own. Will definitely keep reading. Excellent, excellent.
274 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »