for Dragon's Bargain

12/12/2014 c1 Leafshadow
I LOVE chilled, but u seemed to have updated more on this account. I'm just wondering if u will ever continue using fanfiction for anything
2/13/2014 c38 ThePigeonBrain
I'm a devout princess/dragon shipper. Always has been, but alas the princesses always end up falling for the charming princes... I have high hopes for my dear ship in this fic though. That's why I like this story.
5/6/2013 c38 LoveWarmthLife
Thank you so much for sharing this story! I started reading last night and couldn't stop until just now. Your writing style is very easy to read, yet filled with just enough description to make my imagination run wild. Although I recognize bits of certain themes that I've seen in other works (dragon, princess, gods, quest), the world you've built is spectacularly intriguing and unique. I particularly enjoyed reading about the Pointed and the underground world of the Tunnel dwellers - such interesting creatures and like nothing I've read before.

Will you be updating this story soon? I can't wait to see what happens on the next part of the quest, and I want to find out more about Erasmus's past. When will Lapis come back into the picture? Anyway, thanks again for the wonderful read :)
12/30/2012 c12 2Wolfgrowl
I seriously hope she goes through some character development soon Prin because I honestly can't stand her. So the world wasn't created for dragons, they're here now. All you can do is complain and blame him for your mistakes, which is a trait I find highly annoying.
Monarch is cute, but Seralynn needs to get over her whole royal thing, but then again, since she was raised that way, I'll cut her some slack and admit that would be a rough adjustment.
Is Monarch Kitsu? Lapis is around, she found Monarch near where she found him, Monarch is of above average intelligiance and not frightened by a dragon... I'm thinking she's Kitsu. But I could be wrong she could just be a fox.
11/20/2012 c1 2Azuran
good start, I like tragic nature of how the hopeful, positive boy is turned victim.
11/18/2012 c10 2Wolfgrowl
Erasmus amuses me. His sense of humor and way of seeing things is rather refreshing compared to Seralynn's. I didn't like Ratix, and with a name like that how was anyone supposed to. But what if Auber was using her, and now is in a position of power? Plus he has to love his father on some level, and having his soul stolen by a dragon isn't a fate I'm sure he'd wish upon him.
Nice Seralynn, well done being duped. The world is harder than you can possibly imagine, even with her mother's death she can be rather niave.
11/13/2012 c24 Shimmertail
Very, very interesting chapter here. A tone of character development, which is definitely another of your strong points.

Loved the whole Lila-Sai interaction, especially the line about bracing for failure, because in a way, Sai always is. Yes, she's brave in the way the storyboook heroes she believes in are brave, going to fight a dragon singlehandedly to protect her kingdom from its downfall, but that doesn't make her fearless, just as she points out to herself.

Love the exchange between Rasmy and Sai where we finally learn about what happened to her mother. No wonder her father's such a tought bastard. Anyone would be after seeing that. I love that they do have a moment where they do understand each other, but I love even more than they're immediately back to bickering afterwards. They may be taking steps forward, but they're still baby steps. The debate about religions was interesting, to say the least.

And oh my goodness, the pure sweetness of the scene with Moss was enough to give me diabetes. I do hope that it helps her remember, even a while after Sai's long gone.

Oh dear, and they're back to fighting again, and this time it's definitely worse. I'm not entirely sure what he was doing in the pool, but I have a feeling that I'll have some major feels when we find out. You cruel, beautiful bastard, you. ;-;

And it's almost amusing to see that Sai's one of the very few to believe in her 'great love' for Auber. I hope she's right that he wouldn't go to war immediately, that she's not just putting him on such a high pedestal that she can't see any of his flaws, but I seriously doubt it.

Gonna end the reviews here for tonight, since I'm dead tired and it's almost midnight, but I will pick up here tomorrow. Nice job, and keep them coming!
11/13/2012 c22 Shimmertail
Now, this is by far my favorite chapter of what's been published. Everything about it is gorgeous and well thought-out, but then again, your work always is. I dunno-maybe the first challenge just didn't catch my attention as much, but this is definitely an attention-grabber.

Aww, it's kind of heartening to see them bickering in that kind of familiar, endearing way. That's precisely the reason that these two are so dynamic; they're more alike than they want to admit, and they know exactly which buttons to push to get a rise out of each other. Yes, somehow, they manage to become something like friends, if not real friends just yet. Poor Sai, I feel for her. She's had her entire world turned upside-down, and the strain it's putting on her definitely shows in this chappie.

MOSS. MOSS NO. That's more than a little depressing, that she could so easily forget Sai.

Liladrus, eheh. How do you pronounce that, anyways? Li-luh-droos? Lie-luh-droos?

Now, I love the descriptions of Lila and Stig (whose name I /adore/ by the way) in their first introduction to Sai. Being captured within the moment is an interesting idea as well, and from then on, we have action. :D I feel like your best scenes are always the ones with a bit of action in them, and this is absolutely no exception. You can feel the tension in the air, the suspense as she raises after Lila. Perfection.

Ahh, and anger appears. Just like Rasmy had to admit to his greatest weakness, pride, in the first challenge, Sai has to do the same in the second, which leaves me wondering what'll happen in the rest.

And the suspense! You kill me Prin, you really do. Fantastic chapter, so on to the next!
11/13/2012 c21 Shimmertail
I'm doing it! I'm finally, finally doing it. I've decided to split the MR2 into smaller, more manageable reviews, so it'll just be one for every chapter, I'm afraid.

Ohdear, Rasmy is still terribly snarky, even in academics mode. It think it's interesting that you've given a dragon, one of history's most fantastic imaginings, such a scientific, skeptical mind. He wants cold, hard facts to support how and why things work, not just that they do because of magic. It's intriguing, and definitely makes for exposition that doesn't seem boring or disengaging.

I'm really fascinated by this idea of the Pointed's memories, and even though it probably won't make such a big appearance again, it's a very interesting idea, and I can tell how much thought you put into it. Rasmy stays true to character, of course, with his injections of the snide little passing comments. 'plagued by sloth' indeed, eheh.

Like you said, this opens up whole new realms for the infochapters, and I'm interesting in seeing where you go with them from now on.
11/12/2012 c26 Cocoa Jamboree
Seralynn's father is scary, I imagine that his speech was very intimidating to the villagers.

I was a bit annoyed with Seralynn's behavior in the beginning of this chapter, she paints Erasmus as the utterly horrible being with no redeeming qualities while she herself shows similar prejudices. I love seeing how they interact and I'm glad they came to a resolution to some of their problems towards the end. I really hope she doesn't turn him over to the dragon slayers once they return.
11/8/2012 c26 2sachinalani
As promised, a review each chapter!(Or, every two chapters if you'd like to say that x) )

Prin, Prin, Prin... what have you done? I'm in love with a dragon of fiction. Darn you and your excellent knack at making perfect characters!
I just couldn't stop smiling at the end, when Erasmus came back. So. Cute! Though I don't really trust this Aurber dud, he seems a bit fishy to me. I have a feeling that this is not going to end like Seralynn planned. Ah, well.

Until next chapter!(Or two chapters, whatever)

Sachi
11/7/2012 c9 2Wolfgrowl
I like the explination of war, and the implications of why it's a bad thing. Also, since ravens feed on corpses, war would be good for Irolven's people as well.
I felt bad for the children, and it's interesting, usually you'll find Centaurs spoken of as gentle and kind.
The explinations of creatures is interesting. Will a cockatrice appear? (Basilisk, half-reptile, half-chicken)
Also, Wyverns. Is there a Lesser version of Dralk perhaps to create them? But this is your sandbox, I'm just asking.
11/7/2012 c24 Cocoa Jamboree
Loved it. I'm really interested to see what Seralynn and Erasmus are hiding from each other.
11/6/2012 c24 2sachinalani
Wow. That was a work of art! It's rare when I see writing this good, though I do see lots of good writing… anyway, you did great work on that. I can't believe she's still on killing Erasmus! I mean, he is awesome. I'm starting to get the idea that he was once human, but I'm not sure yet.
Besides, plot twists will come when plot twists come, right?

I love Monarch, he is so cute, and Moss is really sweet, too.
I just get so exited when the upstae for this appears in my inbox, it's rediculous. And I end up getting a lot of weird looks from my family. U tip next time!

Sachi
11/4/2012 c7 2Wolfgrowl
I want to draw a picture of Lapis giving Delalune the stars. Screw diamonds he got you a star womman! XD I like Kitsu, I see her as the little fox tagging along at Lapis's paws as he wanders around. I think another reason I'm biased to Lapis, something about him reminds me of Loki from Avengers. Don't know why though...
40 Page 1 .. Last Next »