for Harry Potter: The Truth

10/5/2013 c1 16The Queen Elsa
Okay, you do make a few good points here, BUT...
J. K. Rowling wrote papers and papers of plot ideas and character ideas before actually writing down the Harry Potter Series.
There is a possibility that many author have written stories before actually publishing only one.
She also published another book after the Harry Potter series under a pseudonym. THAT was the follow-up.
5/29/2012 c1 1Julian Blaze
I don't know if your being serious or you just came up with this just to be a troll. I don't see how you could write this and not to some research on the matter. First off she was on a train when the story came to her, and there are many interviews where Rowling have shown her back catalog. She has boxes and boxes of story material. Also I think she was writing the book for ten years before she tried to publish it.

I don't think the world of Harry potter has as much back round story as Tolkien's world, but it is to to some degree. Potter More reveals some of this details, and characters back rounds.

This theory of your is very ignorant. I can't see how it can be taken serious.

...Unless you really are trolling...
5/11/2011 c1 3Kyre Crow
I think these theories of yours are plausible. Certainly, any of this could possibly be the case. However, it's just as plausible that Rowling didn't publish any of the things she wrote before. Also, the way you put it here, you make it seem like Rowling came up with the whole idea in one sitting, which is highly improbable.

Personally, I think this essay would be more effective if you didn't call it bullshit at the beginning. What you do makes it seem more like you're criticizing, and less like you're offering an opinion on the things that bug you about Harry Potter. You might consider not blatantly insulting it.

However, this essay was relatively free of grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors, so good job on that.

Overall, though, the essay did make me think deeper about the creation of Harry Potter. You did a good job of getting your point across.
12/6/2010 c1 23amegakorobu
So...you've seriously never just been hanging out and relaxing and then had an amazing idea strike you enough to make you run to your computer and start taking notes and writing down ideas?

I don't think J.K. just sat down and wrote. I don't think she just churned out the novel just like that. Obviously not. The idea struck her while she was having coffee. Fair enough. After that she plotted and did her research. Just because she didn't share this info with anyone doesn't mean it isn't there...
12/4/2010 c1 5effervial
I think this is a bit far-fetched. Possible, but far-fetched. It would really just be a lot better if you hadn't used words like 'bullshit' because it does make it seem as if you belittle those who believe that JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter, which I do.

Inspiration comes from anywhere, even when you're sitting in a cafe and she may have chosen to keep her back catalogue unpublished. There is also a possibility that she used a pseudonym for her earlier works. I also doubt anyone could ever just sit down one day and churn seven books; there were probably intervals between them in which she planned the story and maybe, like you, continuously wrote and deleted stories of our boy wizard.

Nevertheless, this is an interesting conjecture. :)
11/26/2010 c1 Lord Darling
Interesting, but writers CAN 'just stop.' Harper Lee wrote only ONE book. Not all authors operate the same way you do,or Stephen King does.