for Prophetic Poetry

8/5/2011 c6 22marinawings
There's a lot of determination behind this poem. I can sense the speaker is concentrating the full force of their will on being with this person they love. Super good stuff!
8/5/2011 c5 marinawings
Another very powerful poem! The sensory details are very strong-dark and light, feeling and tasting. They're excellent vehicles for emotion! And so much strong emotion comes across here. I can feel it in myself when I read and relate it to situations from my past and present. Oh, and I love the final line. I imagine the speaker saying the words forcefully, then trailing off near the end and saying the last words with tears, "I just want to love him..." That makes me want to cry, too!
8/5/2011 c4 marinawings
Wow! This one is a change from the others, but I like it, too. It comes across with a sort of force, and I can hear it shouted in my mind. Again, excellent job of conveying emotion!
8/5/2011 c3 marinawings
This is really beautiful and might be my favorite part so far. This poem really reaches out and grabs my heart. I feel as if I can relate to it. You do a super job of expressing the feelings of someone who loves another and is waiting for their chance to be with that person. I know how that feels! And you describe that wonderfully. I like the motif of the seasons, as it really seems to demonstrate how long the speaker is waiting.
8/5/2011 c2 marinawings
Ooh, I really like this one, as well. It makes me feel cold and strangely hopeful at the same time. For some reason, cold and snow are good images for separation or for something between two people. This reminds me a bit of the Shiny Toy Guns song "Frozen Oceans," which is a good thing, as I've always liked the imagery in that song. Nice! I look forward to reading more.
8/5/2011 c1 marinawings
This is a very interesting poem. I like the image of the waterfall. And to be honest, I realized I was holding my breath as I was reading when I read the word "breathless." Very good!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service