for The 'Gift' of Magic

8/28/2011 c22 deadgummiegirl
I loved the fast-paced feeling of panic in this chapter and also how Atia has been sort of letting her walls down and being her real self. And I was thinking back and I think I know who the guy in the dream is! Although I'm probably wrong:)
8/28/2011 c21 deadgummiegirl
Great chapter! I just really loved this whole chapter. I liked how we got to see the scary, unknown side and the normal teenage boy side of Rek, and how both sides affect Atia and Darius. I love the kind of strange father/son relationship between Rek and Darius. And of course the end was awesome.
8/28/2011 c20 deadgummiegirl
A nice, long chapter. But at some parts it felt a little rushed. Maybe that was just me but whatever. Like the whole part where Rek has the knife in the room and Darius shows him he can change his arm.

But I do like how you show that Rek can learn how to use the magic faster than Darius probably did. Even though he has trouble controlling it, he can master certain things faster. It reminds the reader that there is something strange about his whole situation.
8/28/2011 c19 deadgummiegirl
Dang it, you're so good at making everything ambiguous so I don't even have an idea at what could happen! That is definitely one of your writing strengths: suspense. I want to know exactly what's wrong with Rek!
8/28/2011 c18 deadgummiegirl
Good chapter. But I'm really wanting to know what's up with Rek's dream. I'm thinking it has to do with whoever had the magic before it was forced into him. And Atia thinks they will need her pretty badly. Hm, I wonder why she thinks that?
8/24/2011 c17 deadgummiegirl
I feel kind of weird about the whole village thing. Maybe it will come into play in later chapters but it seemed kind of pointless here. If it was in the story to bring out some type of new feelings or thoughts in the characters, I feel you could have elaborated on it a little. Maybe you will in the next chapter? I hope I didn't sound horrible there, but it was just my opinion. It was a good chapter none the less, because you are a really good writer:)
8/24/2011 c16 deadgummiegirl
Man, you're so good at throwing new things into your story and then making us wait to know what the heck they mean;)
8/24/2011 c15 deadgummiegirl
Great chapter. I think I have love/hate feelings about Darius. He seems to be bipolar half of the time;) lol. But I love that there's Atia, someone who can finally push his buttons now. And I can't wait to see how this focci affects Rek's powers.
8/24/2011 c14 deadgummiegirl
Although short, this is one of my favorite chapters too. It was simple but it made a big impact. I think in this chapter and the previous one Rek realized how magic isn't just a game and how dangerous it can be.

And I hope Atia sticks around!
8/24/2011 c13 deadgummiegirl
And the plot thickens!

I feel like a lot of depth was added to Darius in this chapter. We got a little bit more insight into his past. Of course there's still a lot to learn about him. And I'm glad you gave us a little info about Carn.
8/24/2011 c27 31HeroofEnelios
...I am at a loss for words as to how to describe how I feel about the end. I loved it, and this story, but now with the way it ended that is the SECOND time this week that kind of cliffhanger has happened to me and it is starting to get to me. Ahh...

Geez you know how to keep readers in suspense I give you 5 stars for that. Amazing. Glad to have read The "Gift" of Magic, it was extraordinary.
8/19/2011 c12 deadgummiegirl
This might be my favorite action based chapter so far. I really liked how you wrote a full out battle of magic since we've only really seen little spurts of magic so far. And I knew there was more to Atia than what we saw of her. Great cliffhanger.
8/19/2011 c26 HeroofEnelios
Okay I kind of couldn't help but keep reading and just review here at this point because I was getting SO SUCKED IN! It is so intense and marvelous, and NO DARIUS! I don't want him to die... But now things are coming full circle as chapter title says and I am very excited to see how this ends. :)
8/19/2011 c21 HeroofEnelios
What a chapter. Very suspenseful. What, with Rek not doing so well and things heating up especially with that bit about his outburst at Atia. I bet she worries about him.

Ahh cliffhanger!
8/19/2011 c20 HeroofEnelios
That was an awful weird moment there when Rek's face suddenly changed to look older, it surprised me and was a tense moment. Wow. But everything is okay, right? I love Darius's nonchalant attitude about it though once he recognized Rek. :)

Well done.