for Inspiration

2/23/2013 c12 Alone and Solitude
It is so true that sometimes the smallest thing can set you off and suddenly everything is overwhelming and all you have is anger at whatever is happening.

2/23/2013 c11 Alone and Solitude
Interesting that you chose to write this from the point of view of your sister rather then yourself. It is true that it can be quite hard growing up as the easy child, my sister was the black sheep of my family and made it very difficult for me to gain the attention of anyone when I was in trouble.

9/11/2012 c10 2dragonflydreamer
Congrats on second place in the Review Marathon! Here's your prize review:

I like this piece because you're very aware of how confrontational you're being. A few lines in I was already getting pissed off and, knowing you, expected some kind of twist. The biggest thing that was running through my mind was, why is this exclusive to women? Don't men do this, too? That was especially interesting with the ending since the gender of the speaker is never identified.

Speaking of the ending: ah, the twist. I could definitely anticipate the direction you were taking, but that didn't take away from the zing you were going for.

My only criticism would be that this sentence irked me: "My response to those girls: an eye roll and a joke." It's chunky and awkward. Why you do have to structure it in a way that frames the eye roll and joke as nouns? It would be a lot smoother if they were actions in my opinion.
8/29/2012 c12 recycle rhymes
Very relatable I totally understand because I tend to focus on the little annoying things instead of the better things in life.
8/16/2012 c11 recycle rhymes
I can relate, my sister also gave my mom such a hard time growing up, I felt so much pressure to be the "good" child. It sucks that kind of pressure pushes you to the edge. Very touching blurb.
5/2/2012 c1 this wild abyss
Thanks for participating in the Review Game's Review Marathon! Here's your prize review!

I liked the way the author went on a little rant but brought "you" in at the end of the piece. It was an interesting tactic. Like, the reader was sort of detached at first, then the mention of "you" zeroes in on things and puts a nice perspective on what had come before.

At the same time, I felt like this was incomplete. It isn't that I wanted more content exactly—I liked the brevity. But I did feel that it wasn't a rounded vignette, like you could have done more to bring the subject full circle. If that makes any sense at all.
4/30/2012 c1 292Fabian Cortez
Wonderfully dry, with a distinct acid wit. From start to finish I was drawn in. Nicely Done.

Fabian Cortez
6/4/2011 c10 recycle rhymes
i'm in that feeling good on my own, but maybe a boyfriend wouldn't hurt. who am i kidding, guys are too much stress. yeah, i agree with most of your observations.
3/22/2011 c9 20The Wandering Musician
Great job! I love your style of writing. I kind of felt like the first four chapters were one work and then chapters 5-9 were a different one. Within those divisions, they were cohesive.

"Good Enough Reasons" particularly resonated with me, so it was probably my favorite. I really appreciate how the speaker (I'm not sure if it is really you, so I didn't want to presume) just admits how she feels.

Wonderful work!
3/22/2011 c9 298Moon-Chaser
Aww that was so sweet. Almost sickeningly so. But it was good.

3/22/2011 c8 Moon-Chaser
Intereting way of looking at it. I like it.

3/22/2011 c7 Moon-Chaser
I think that relationships mean different things at different times, they are constantly changing and therefore the reasons for keeping the relationship change. That's my opinion anyway. I really like that you reason it all out though.

3/22/2011 c6 Moon-Chaser
I like this, its always interesting to look at the different ways that the same few words can change simply through different tones. I like it.

3/22/2011 c5 Moon-Chaser
Ahh the good old waiting for someone lines, its never easy to go through.

keep it up.
3/22/2011 c4 Moon-Chaser
Its amazing how we can block out the bad things and gloss them over with the good, always looking for that reason to stay.

46 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »