for When in Rome

4/4/2011 c10 sappyromancelvr
Aww. Poor brother. The gods better help her, looks like they're going to have a lot of trouble despite their sizzling chemistry.
4/4/2011 c10 Nomore1234
aw So close too, but then the story would be over .

and Poor Jason, i wonder if he and Kate would ever see each other again besides vision dreams. Will Kate spill the beans in one of the Dreams soon? like tell him where she at? give him an idea on what to do.
4/4/2011 c10 Arabea
If this chapter had a title, it would be 'Crispinus Goes Caveman'. Hahahaha. But seriously - his freakout's pretty intense. And then everything's kind of mellowed out by Jason's sadness at the end there. Cold shower! Hahaha!

Also, I love how Kate thought she found Aphrodite, but she didn't. Psych! =D

Great chapter - if not a little anxiety-ridden. =)
4/4/2011 c9 1why-so-serious-7777
Please write more I love this story
4/3/2011 c9 sappyromancelvr
:( you need to update soon!
4/3/2011 c8 sappyromancelvr
:) they're cute. And this story is really good.
4/3/2011 c7 sappyromancelvr
Man I want her to learn Latin, but gosh, Latin is pretty darn hard.
4/3/2011 c6 sappyromancelvr
Man, I hope the gods fix this, or at least help them.
4/3/2011 c5 sappyromancelvr
Man that sucks not knowing Latin. They can't really communicate.
4/3/2011 c3 sappyromancelvr
Haha. That was Aphrodite, right? Gosh, do they haeto pity? Hope he does hurt her.
4/3/2011 c2 sappyromancelvr
Woah. Some heavy emotional stuff there. And I absolutely adore Persephone and Hades. :)
4/2/2011 c9 lilyray15
Hello! I'm a long-time lurker on FictionPress and today I came across this lovely piece and just couldn't help myself! This is one of VERY FEW fics on Fictionpress that I felt compelled to go write a review for. Please bear with me, I'm not the greatest writer myself, so I would hope that my comments here do make sense and that these compliments do come through to you regardless. :)

With the above said, I absolutely love the way you write! Something that I admire technically is that each word and sentence you write is smooth and that there's no "chops" or abrupt stops to the narration. The clear and connected transitions from one idea to another, or scene to scene, is what I love seeing because that keeps the "flow" of the overall story going with completed thoughts. The pace in which you write is great as well. Each narration section is just enough to cover what's needed to be said (for the story) without becoming too wordy for patience. I don't think there's really anything I can fuss about on your writing, because after reading the chapters I'm pretty comfortable with focusing on the story itself. Please keep up the good writing! :)

Now for the story...your dedication and patience for getting the Latin language and Roman time period as detailed and accurately possible may seem like much (if you do feel that way), but I guarantee you it is all worth it. This makes the story feel fuller, real to relate to (almost, of course!), and enjoyable for the readers like myself to happily get lost in our imaginations. All of the characters seem real, including the gods/goddesses, and the one big fangirl comment you'll get from me is that...what I would do to be in Kate's situation to be with a MAN like Crispin (let alone find a MAN like Crispin in real life)!

Before I end this LONG post...just a few suggestions since it's being mentioned by the rest.

I'm gonna go against with what others have said and honestly I that the language barrier between Kate and Crispin (along with the rest of Ancient Rome) should be kept. Or at least for now. I think it'd be too easy if Kate was suddenly granted the ability to speak and understand Latin fluently. It would bring up more loose ends to try to explain and/or other things (ex: additional conflicts like suspicions by other characters, or accusations of Kate being a "fake" this whole time). The language barrier, in my opinion, provides interest to how Kate communicates with Crispin and other characters. In fact, many of the story's best memorable moments were due to the language barrier (first meeting, checking the ribs, the almost goodbyes, Valencia vs Kate in the bathhouse, the hairbrushing, etc). And furthermore...the language barrier keeps the tension going! ;) Another alternative you could consider is having Aphrodite be the only one to ease the restriction in the language barrier. If Aphrodite does come back down to communicate with Kate, she could help Kate out. Maybe totally or in little bits (or none at all?). Depends on what you like really.

Hell, just write what you want to happen. :) In the end these are all suggestions. :D I'm already looking forward to reading the next chapter, and also looking forward to see how Kate and Crispin do all they can to stay together (if they want to) despite the challenges upon them. Language barrier, ex-boss, ex-lovers, stuck in the wrong time periods and so on.

(This is a long-ass review. If you keep it up, I could shower you with more!)
4/2/2011 c9 BlueMoonlily
does this mean it will take 6 chapters for the language barrier to go away? lol and are you going to post the second part soon?
4/2/2011 c9 September Stone
I'm a little nervous about the next chapter, I have a few ideas of what I think will happen but I can only wait and see. Please keep up the great work and update soon! :)
4/1/2011 c9 Soothsayer35
Fantastic story! I am greatly enjoying it and very much looking forward to reading how you continue to develop the plotline.
1,022 « Prev Page 1 .. 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 .. Last Next »