for Adventures in the Oddest Sea: Rising Tides

7/23/2011 c12 619Jave Harron
Okay, this was a good story. There was one death I was not expecting, and I had a few minor quips, but the story was fairly enjoyable. I look forward to more.
7/23/2011 c11 Jave Harron
This was a pretty awesome conclusion to the story. Some of the events regarding the defeat of the titular god seemed described in rather vague terms, and I half expected a certain character to make a surprise "cavalry moment," but it was not so. I'll continue onwards to the end.
7/23/2011 c10 Jave Harron
This was a chapter that gave me a few questions. I liked the pirates interacting with their new environment, but there's one point I'm curious about. If I'm a crooked businessman who has a portal device to another universe that is proven to work, why would I stick with only tourist applications? Invading with an army of mercenaries, looting more natural resources, finding other worlds, etc. are all things I could do. It just seems the sleazebag has a rather limited imagination.
7/12/2011 c1 2Mike T. Smith
this is really good keep up the good work
7/9/2011 c9 619Jave Harron
This was a cool chapter. The ice pirates, mammoth mahouts, and battle scenes were well written. I look forward to seeing what sinister allies of the antagonist they find in that strange new world.
7/4/2011 c8 8Sophia Alexandra
i enjoy reading your work a lot. you are very talented. i think you story is interesting and fun to read.
6/27/2011 c8 619Jave Harron
Okay, this chapter was a good one. You had the perfect feel of the ship graveyard, plenty of lurking monsters and creepy silence. You've done a good job setting the stage for the finale. I look forwards to seeing how this ends at the bottom of the world.
6/26/2011 c1 8Sophia Alexandra
this was really good. i love your writing style. cant wait to read more
6/21/2011 c1 ellen.uesugi
Don't stop writing. Keep going on. I'm rooting for you. :)
6/12/2011 c6 619Jave Harron
Okay, the cliffhanger was resolved in a pretty awesome way. The city of Grande Canal is a fun setting, and the airship involvement was a fun bit. I look forward to seeing how this story concludes.
6/6/2011 c5 Jave Harron
Arrr! I have to say, this series provides much better pirate action than the shitty movie I've seen recently... But this is more original. I love Bia, since Amazons are awesome, and your secondary cast again shines pretty well. The Conch Club are good villains, and I look forward to seeing how this series gets concluded.
5/17/2011 c4 pinoy1
this is Bien Mike your old friend from the Philippines! Still remember me?

this is a good story,much better than the previous iteration of the Oddest Sea.

For one,the story feels like it has "grown" up and is more "mature" in the sense that the plot elements are more feasible;the only bad thing I can say about it is that it keeps trying to recycle your old ideas... Try something new for a change man,did you ever try to write stories beyond pulp?

Also,do you think eventually you will get to a point when the characters will have more emotional development?

One last thing,at least this story does not suffer from the frequent clich├ęs your previous recent stories have been saddled with.