for The Confessions of Cassidy Cain (Grandmaster of Theft 1)

10/2/2015 c9 6Darth Zannacross
So the fated meeting at last, even if its online. Heh, gives me major vibes of both Ghost in the Shell and Durarara with the online face off. Well, Deus is quite laid back for someone in his professoion, but I can all ready gather he might have a snappy side, we will see.

In any case Cass was careless and it seems she ended up being conned. Well, guess the job is not over, we will see how round two goes but nice to see her humbled.
10/2/2015 c8 Darth Zannacross
Oh, a official interlude eh? Seems like, time out for a debate. Oh non violent people, you keep preaching that stuff to try and avoid violence mostly to avoid being crushed by violent people. After all, being non violent did wonders for Alderaan against the Death Star, oh wait, not really.

Eh, Seems Cassy would fit in well in Game of Thrones with her ideas on power and what makes good leadership. Still, this Gerard, I wonder if he would be so keen on submitting peacefully when faced with something like oh, the Holocaust, who knows.

Anyway, I need to see more of Rebbecca in action so we will see, along with everything else.
10/2/2015 c2 4M1zz
What are your thoughts on all the maneuvering so far from both sides & how I've started out focusing more on the cerebral side?

Well so far so good. Narcissa seems like a bitch I'd like. Her letter made me laugh. I mean...the confidence of it, lol. Cassidy's planning was smart and easy to follow. I didn't find myself confused once while she was explaining herself. Wynn's concerns were understandable but Cassidy bringing him around to her side was good.

Are you able to follow and understand Cassidy's assessments & planning?

Yes, I was. Like I said, it was smart and easy to follow. Basically being SO obvious that no one would suspect her being the Grandmaster. Because, like she rightly pointed out, people just wouldn't believe The Grandmaster would be so out there.

What are your thoughts on Cassidy's plan?

I think it's smart and clever. She's obviously thought this through and it all makes sense. Plus her reasoning for why she doesn't try and steal Adora Tear's before or after Narcissa's challenge. Though her reasoning for not doing it after can be seen as a bit weak; y'know, it'll make people fear/respect (?) them more.

What's your overall response to Wynn so far & his relationship with Cass as shown in this chapter?

I don't have too much feeling for it yet. There is a familiarity and comradery there between them but like...i don't know. In this chapter they just don't leave much of an impression on me. Perhaps next chapter?

Your thoughts so far on how I've been trying to use the setting to express Cass' character?

I'm not too sure what you mean by this. If you're talking about something like...the description of her large room, then I can't say I learned too much more than I already knew. Like I knew she was already wealthy, which allowed her to become The Grandmaster of Theft. Yeah...I can't really say too much more than that.

Any other questions, criticisms, or comments?

Okay, so I don't think the capitalization in:
"...people might think that you're, you know, THE GRANDMASTER!"
"Sometimes the most covert ruse is to just be COVERT!"

Because it comes off as like, yelling and...I just can't see Wynn yelling in this situation. But then again, I'm not too sure about Wynn's personality or his relationship with Cassidy so I could just be wrong.
10/1/2015 c7 6Darth Zannacross
I see Cass learned from Grey Fox since she knew the same line he said right before Metal Gear crushed him lol.

Well, Gale and Suzuaku from Code Geass would get along well, at least till Suzuaku went insane but in any case, no body ever respects the lawful guys lol.

Was that even counting as a fight or a stand off? Not really any blows exchanged, so yah, more of a stand off. I guess she played on how much he valued the sword, otherwise he could have just killed her their.

Well, I see where this is going, Gale will be at odds with Cass till they team up to take down Deus unless something surprises me, I am normally on Gale's side ideology wise, unless the law is so corrupt it only is helping corrupt fatcats.

I suppose we will see if I will be surprised yet.
10/1/2015 c6 Darth Zannacross
So, we get a few more details, but we mostly get at how much of a tool Nar is. Overall feelings of Narcissia? Completely worthless, Team Rocket are better at being bad guys as she did nothing but be annoying by talking big with nothing to back it up, ugh, it remains to be seen if it would have been better to just start things off with this Deus. Her outwitting Narcissa was just putting the spotlight on her and her wilting, eh, not that super impressive or anything.

Its really to early to form a grasp on this Gale, other then he is the law and that means we are bound to have a conflict here, guess we will see how that goes.
9/30/2015 c5 Darth Zannacross
So after reenacting a few of the Mission Impossible movies, and for some reason taking time to remind us Cassy likes fresh air, and that, Narcissia is, a total fraud.

Well, glad she is not the main bad guy as she seemed kind of lame, this Deus does sound interesting, I wonder how he will compare to Bloodedge's Deus, hopefully he is not as spiteful as the Deus from Asura's Wrath, or as powerful as the Deus from Xenogears, we will see.

So, all that we know so far is that Deus likes mind games and is on the level of confusing hints as the Riddiler, hopefully its not something about a duck or something.

Eh, It remains to be seen if all this set up is going to be worth it, for now I wonder why you did not start off with Deus since, none of this so far was very impressive, Cassy just with help hacked a train and , went through some windows, not that much to make one seem like a Master Thief so far, I will see if the next arc does more to show why she earns her title.
9/30/2015 c4 Darth Zannacross
Yah, anyone who boasts like that deserves to fail horribly and get tared and feather and, other non nice things. The Riddler you say, I guess that's true, this gal seems like she belongs right in Batman and Robin, oy, I guess the impression she leaves for me is me being eager to see her get punched in the face.

Cassy is not much better, only so many times you can bluff before you get called on it, we will see.

I suppose the interaction reminded me as something out of a Shakespeare play, or a Adam West Batman episode involving the Riddler.

Well, either Cassy or Narcissa is going to wind up being overconfident, though, I would not mind a random third party just arresting them both at this rate, we will see.
9/29/2015 c3 Darth Zannacross
Cassy gives me a Oceans 11 vibe with how she plans out, George Clooney would be proud. After showing how good she is at knowing things like how Lie Detectors are weak, and we are getting to meet her ace team I guess, even more Ocean 11 vibes lol.

Mostly planning for what's to come and little else , Rae and Rebbecca seem ok so far, but will have to see them in action. Meanwhile, its clear from that little insight Narcissa is a tad, self centered, won't mind seeing her humbled to say the least.

As for the other questions, need more info to form a judgment.
9/29/2015 c1 4M1zz
Well...this us interesting. I gotta say that the way Cassidy talks is gonna be hard for me to read. Like seriously, it just the style of her dialogue.

What is your first impression of this series?

My first impression of this series is...well I'm interested at least. I wanna know more about The Follower, the country they live in, more about the ethnicities (I figure they're based off of things but still). The fact that Cassidy wants to NOT murder someone, I'm sure that'll be interesting to see what brought her to that point. So yeah, interested.

Did this prologue draw you in?

Yes, the prologue drew me in.

What is your first impression of Cassidy Cain?

Cassidy is smart, but I wonder if she'll come off as too smart in this series. Right now, I'm sorta getting Batman vibes from her. Not in demeanor but more so in the fact that she's (appears to anyways) be the very best, has a ton of money, and operates outside of the law because the law isn't enough, yadda, yadda, yadda. I'll have to see how her rational plays out and how the antagonist work in this story.

How about Gerard Turner so far? What are your thoughts on him?

Eh, he doesn't leave too much of an impression on me. He's a religious man, and really acts the way I expected a religious man to act. His turn to Cassidy's side, in that her methods get results, was nice. Though I feel like he could have struggled with it a bit more.

The story surrounding Adora's Tear, what do you think about that?

It's great. I've never really been a history person but I did always enjoy historic stuff involving religions. So the story surround Adora's Tears was enjoyable. I do wonderif we're supposed to take it literally. So far there doesn't seem to be any type of mystical elements in the story but I still wonder.

Your thoughts on Narcissa Richmond so far as she's setup to be the antagonist?

So far she just seems like a greedy bitch, trying to get more money out of The Followers. I know this is just a prologue but I think if she had a backstory similar to Cassidy's fake persona; having the Tear being a family heirloom that she doesn't want to part with and then after realizing that the Tear couldn’t be taken from her legally and that she could get whatever amount of money she wanted for it then do the whole raising the price on them. I think that would be a bit more interesting as far as first impressions go.

Any questions, comments, compliments, criticisms, or so forth?

Okay, so there are just little things. One, during Cassidy's description you say she has "knee boots" instead of "knee high boots".

Another is when describing Wynn's voice. You said it was "absolute ice" or soemthing to that effect. I think I know what you mean but...I'm also not sure. Like, is his voice supposed to be cold, distant, flat, monotone, or...something else? Just...a bit of clearification on that would be nice.
9/29/2015 c2 6Darth Zannacross
Cassidy does have quite a lot of confidence to her. Still, you either have a lot of guts or, are just plan nuts for when you dare someone to rob you, I suppose this means its a trap, Cassidy's grand plan sure is one of moxie , and I guess Wynn is the voice of reason to keep her from losing her head.

I must say there is quite a lot of backstory added in, nearly weighs it down , but the chapter is not that long anyway, goes to show how much Cassidy thinks about things, how much she likes herself and how proud of herself she is, we will see if that pride is justified soon enough.
9/28/2015 c1 Darth Zannacross
Time to see what this Grand master thief is all about. So I see Cassidy is our main star, and from the start something tells me she is not a big fan of the law lol. I am getting a Tri Gun feel from the start. Well, we start off with debating to join a cult or not.

Also, we have some cool tech in this story, quite a lot of back story to, I suppose its a heavy load for a first chapter but, helps set the stage so to speak.

Well, and now we learn she is conflicted about what she must do, oh my, cue backstory! Well, a, unique start, we will see how this tale of stealing goes.
9/24/2015 c10 2Aske Nat
I’m starting wonder just when Cassidy has the time to come up with all of these plans. She had, what? six days, a week to plan the initial heist, and now this, which takes place the day after the train heist? Of course, this can be explained by her being exceptionally farsighted, but I would be careful with making her too good at her job. Therefore, I was glad to see her grandfather putting up counter arguments, as well as that bit in the end that indicates things might not run as smoothly as she had imagine. I actually want her to fail a little, just to make her human.

For now, Edan Cain seems like the voice of reason, arguing for a different approach than we’ve seen so far. Where Cassidy is very much a action-reaction type of character, he appears be more hesitant in a way that suggests lots of experience.

I’m curious about how many schemes we have to go through before catching up to where Gerard enters the story. Not because I’m bored, but because I’m interested in knowing what may follow that.
9/24/2015 c9 Aske Nat
Deus reminds me of Moriarty from Sherlock, and, because of that, I already have a healthy amount of respect for him/her. He/she might seem slightly... crazy, but I get the feeling that that is just a personality trait and not a character trait.

I'm glad that Narcissa continues to have a role in this. Her character is really entertaining though I still want to kick her over the shin. I'm not really surprised by her betrayal as I see her as a self-serving schemer, so betrayal fits well into that box.

Cassidy's outburst was so out of character that I felt weird reading it. Of course, it WAS out of character, but I'm not sure I would buy it if I were Deus. I'm guessing that Deus knows more about Cassidy than Cassidy would feel comfortable with.
9/23/2015 c8 Aske Nat
I had a hard time figuring out how to comment on this chapter. But, after skimming through it again, and then a third time, I think my problem lies with the fact that I really don’t like this side of Cassidy. She appears both arrogant and narrow-minded, presenting a worldview based on the idea of an eye for an eye, which is something that I can’t relate to. So, needless to say, I’m more sympathetic towards Gerard’s philosophy.

Something I did like about this chapter, though, was the switch back to third person narration. The way you use the different points of view suits the story brilliantly. All the first person chapters support the idea of this being a story that Cassidy tells Gerard, so it is really effective when you switch back, reminding us that this is actually something shared between two people.
9/23/2015 c7 Aske Nat
I’m still not sure on what to think of Gale. We learned more about him in this chapter, true, but I don’t hear his voice just yet, not like I do with Cassidy. Although Narcissa was a tool, a way of introducing Deus, she had a lot of personality, but Gale seems like just a tool for now. It feels as if his only purpose is to put Cassidy’s ideology into perspective, which might justify his presence, but the lack of personality makes him a bit dull. Of course, we’ve only really known him for one single chapter, so I’m guessing his character will be build upon further in the following chapters. However, I do think he is important as he adds, as mentioned, another perspective to the story.

As for the ideologies, I’m more in Gale’s corner than Cassidy’s. The whole reason for creating laws is to make co-habitation possible. Of course, in some cases, there will be laws that can be considered unjust, but that brings us to a discussion of what is right and wrong, which is extremely difficult to determine, if not entirely impossible. It’s a very complex subject to embark upon, but I enjoyed the discussion.
423 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »