for Change

3/22/2004 c1 Isabella Zaruba
You're right. That was a sad story. I really liked how you put together the character of Carey. On some levels I could identify with her. The only thing that seemed off base was that it was written that Carey was a Senior. I know very few seniors who ride the bus or hang out alone under the stairs even if they are introverted. It was also kind of weird about the Stacey thing but I sensed you were using that to express the fact that Carey was uncomfortable with such casualness. Besides that, awesome story!
11/30/2001 c1 dragongirlG
That was great! Very touching...keep up the work!
6/16/2001 c1 Elwing Alcyone
I love this. I love the way you've described her feelings about books, because it mirrors how I feel. I also like the way it only really explains itself very near the end, and even then you have to think a bit. Brava! *Applauds*
6/6/2001 c1 141E. Gao
What a wistful story...I really like how you explain everything (if that makes sense), but then you'd have to be good at explanations because you're a columnist, right? ^_^ The only thing that I thought could make the story better was if the girl had been unnamed. It's just a preference of mine, and it might not be that way for others. Otherwise, a very very good and very sad story. ^_^
4/24/2001 c1 Chaelyn not signed in
Oh, I love it! This is good!
3/11/2001 c1 8UnforgivenChild
Woah! this it really really good!
2/24/2001 c1 muggle genius
Tears in my eyes. This was wonderful. Very meaningful. Can't think of any way to express how wonderful this was.
2/23/2001 c1 6Some Sort Of Angel
Whoa. I read this because you're always going on about it in you columns, but wow. I can totally relate to how she feels. you have real talent, girl. (sorry about the grammar, i'm jetlaggd.)
1/20/2001 c1 3Maverick Davis
This is so deep. I checked out your profile and Thats one of my Fave Quotes! Mostly becuase Im related to Oscar Wilde. :) Luv yer stuff!
1/12/2001 c1 5Anne Mophy
That was depressing... good writing, though. I see what you mean by active reading... not the sort of thing where the author has allowed you to be able to skim read it and still "get it". Nice work.
1/11/2001 c1 29The Deacon
In reading this, I am reminded of Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" which I firmly believe is the "perfect" novel In this story you have come closer to perfection than I've seen for a long time.
1/11/2001 c1 1Maggie2004
Cool. Deep, dark, amazing. I really love this story. I guess I can relate a lot to it, it reflects the state of mind I'm in at the moment. This is great.
12/20/2000 c1 Kirstma
This is good, but you can do better. It's really a 30k story squeezed into 17k, isn't it? I think Carey wrestles with some difficult questions and the answers come too easily, or they don't come at all. She seems to be in a state of denial, when I'd expect a stronger conveyance of grief, even if it is withheld and internalized.
12/14/2000 c1 Julia
Oh my gosh...That was so sad and I don't know,..depressing? But it is a very well writen story and I liked it. Please write more. :)
11/15/2000 c1 Aardwulf
Yeow. I see a lot of myself in Carey, I think... Very thought-provoking, and yes, quite sad. I'm gonna be mulling over this one for a while.