for Mother of Learning

12/30/2020 c72 Guest
I'm super hopeful about a future with Taiven... and equally leery for a number of reasons.
Still, it makes me happy to think that our hero isn't going to whittle away his days in research and never know love.
12/30/2020 c70 Guest
Absolutely Epic!
12/30/2020 c69 Guest
"
Only the Triumvirate Church has enough experts in ghost fighting to counter a wraith outbreak after it gathers some steam, and they were decimated in the Weeping.
"
Damn, I'm really disappointed. Your story is written with a high degree of intelligence, so finding this pathetic modern bastardization of simple language really bums me out.
Deci means 1/10th, Decimate means to reduce by 10%... that such a simple word has become twisted so thoroughly that even clever authors stoop to its use is terribly frustrating.
Devastated, ravaged, and scourged all serve the purpose and actually mean what you infer.
Use 'nearly' before annihilated, destroyed, dismantled, eradicated, obliterated, or wiped out to accomplish the same goal.
Sorry for the rant, I love the story, I just hate how we as a people have completely failed at basic vocabulary.

The whole scene with Sudomir was a bit surreal but the transformation was a terrifying moment until Alanic simply 'dealt with it', reminding us that he's a scary badarse.
12/29/2020 c68 Guest
This is simply amazing, your battles never get boring!
12/21/2020 c24 jstf
These cliffhangers are brutal. I'm SUPPOSED to be working, but noOOooOO, now I gotta read the next chapter!
12/19/2020 c108 Anonymous
Oh boy... where to start?

I started reading Mother of Learning in late 2018. It was introduced to me by my uncle, and I fell in love immediately. It was something we could talk about each month, a simple, "have you read the new chapter of Mother of Learning?" I've reccomended the story to several other people since then, and I continue to do so. And even now, almost a year later, I still cannot believe that the story is over. I was only there to catch the last year or so of it's runtime, but this story was here when I entered high school. And I don't know why, but that means a lot to me. I just want to say thank you so much for this wonderful story that I am about to re-read for the third or fourth time now. I don't know if you will ever publish this story as an actual book, but believe me, if you do I will be among the first in line to get a copy. Again, thank you so very much, and I wish you luck in all your endeavors.
12/17/2020 c11 3Unbreakable Ark
I'm very interested to learn more about Kael and what exactly a morlock is, so hopefully Zorian gets to befriend him in a future reset. Like Zorian, I really didn't expect him to have a daughter... But first impressions can be deceiving. Interesting that when Zach dies, time resets for Zorian, too. I'm sure that will come into play more as the story goes on. Once again, really enjoying this so far!
12/17/2020 c16 jstf
You lost me at spiders. Eeuuugh!

But for real, this story keeps delivering.
12/16/2020 c15 jstf
Mmm, gimme all that tasty worldbuilding. The supposed sacrificial magic and cannibalism of the morlocks is giving me the same vibes as the mysterious and unfairly maligned Lakewalkers from 'The Sharing Knife' series by Lois Bujold. TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE MORLOCKS.

Interesting how the rumors of mind magic-using spiders spread so effectively, and without Zorian's name coming up no less. Maybe giving up on alerting people somehow was too hasty after all...?

This story just gets juicier and juicier.
12/15/2020 c6 jstf
'lost in a future he left behind him' is SUCH a dope line.

Zach is back? How juicy. Can't wait to get some answers (although I'm sure it'll just lead to more questions).
12/14/2020 c5 Unbreakable Ark
I've been hearing about this story a lot, and finally started it. From the first five chapters, I can already tell that you've created something very special. The concept feels very unique, and I feel like certain things will be very important as the story progresses. At first, Zorian's constant complaining bothered me, but I'm warming to him already which again is the sign of a good writer. Overall your prose is absolutely amazing and very engaging, and the mystery you've set up, the mystery of why time keeps looping, is a very interesting one. I'll review again when I get a bit further- I'm really looking forward to reading more!
12/12/2020 c4 Guest
Great story
12/9/2020 c3 jstf
Heh, busted. That 'boycott the dance' plane fell flat with the quickness. Zorian still kinda gets on my nerves a little. EVERYTHING is negative with this guy. But at the same time I can empathize with his situation some. Family drama... eugh.

This story is just very... enjoyably written? The prose goes down smooth. But seriously, time loop when? Just kidding, I can wait for it.
12/9/2020 c2 jstf
Reading this for the first time after hearing all the hype. Enjoying it so far. Zorian is kind of a little turd? Like, just a little? I'm digging the worldbuilding. Given the premise of the story I'm guessing the last line of this chapter is a sentiment 'Roach' is going to be expressing a LOT.
12/4/2020 c108 TheWick
I started reading MoL about five, or was it six, years ago. I was still in Highschool at the time and now here I am, about to graduate College and go out into the “Real World”...

Thanks, truly, from the bottom of my heart. MoL reignited a passion for fantasy that I hadn’t realized had died and coming back and rereading the story once a year after a few chapters had dropped made me fall in love all over again.

I don’t know if you’ve already given thought towards publishing MoL, whether it would be through a traditional publisher or if you’d self-publish on Amazon or something, but just now I’m dying to have your book on my shelf.

Best,