for Cry Freedom

11/13/2002 c1 Relentless Bibliophile
Hear, hear. Add gays to your list of victims and you'll pretty much have it covered. People suck. Or at least, most of them do. In high school, anyway. I know you aren't religious, but I am - do you have any idea how hard it is to try to love people who are cruel like that? I still haven't managed it. *growls*

I tried to write a poem-thingy about people, but I couldn't. I was too angry. I'll just read other people's stuff and nod in agreement, I think.

*long sigh*

~Leia
8/27/2002 c1 T-Sama
*tears* Too true! This was WAY too true to be a good thing! It's horrible when people treat other people differently, because of race, appearance, or anything of the sort. I have VERY racist cousins, and whenever they make a smart-ass comment about someone else, I just get the urge to walk right up to them and slap 'em a good one. But that wouldn't change their minds. People like that tend to be stubborn, and don't listen to what other people say. Very annoying, yah?

I had a similar experience to yours with Sean. Maybe two years ago, there was a girl in my class, Clarissa, who had a mental illness. Most people kept to themselves, and didn't insult her outright. But we had a dance the day before summer began. Everyone was happy, dancing, chatting, just hangin around. But when Clarissa started dancing, not like everyone else of course, the whole party formed a circle around her and started cheering her on. They really just wanted her to continue making a fool of herself, so they could laugh at her expense. She thought they were really cheering. After she finally stopped and the circle broke up, I heard everyone talking about her. 'My GOD, that was hilarious! 'What an idiot, you'd think she'd know she could't dance.' The comments wouldn't stop. And I couldn't stop them because I was afraid to be embarressed in front of the whole dance. Don't you just HATE it when that happens?

I've also heard of the weaver bird. It's amazing that a type of bird has more smarts then most of the human race. You never see those canary's going at each other with nukes and H-bombs, now do you?

Wow... that's an extremely long review. I'll leave now. Very nice story my friend. Good luck with future fics, and hopefully happy writings!

Sayonara Rae-Sama.

T-Sama~
4/8/2002 c1 10DZ McKnight
Mmm, hate Dave, love the story/true account/whatever. Trying to review everything, but jsut too tired to type anything worthwhile. Plus there's not much to say about a practically perfect piece of prose. Yeah, baby, check that out. That's some kind of literary technique.

-DZ