for Retribution

10/20/2003 c1 62BloodBrother
I've always had a soft spot for Matheson's films - they're pretty scary, as is this. Nice job.
5/29/2001 c1 Lurid Faerie
I always find stories that give what is usually an inanimate object a personality or past quite entertaining. I remember when I was younger I would watch the Puppet Master and Child's Play. (my parents opened me up to the "horror" genre when I was quite young) I always wanted a Chucky doll, but I never got one. However, I had a Cabbage Patch doll that I wrapped up in plastic in order to "suffocate" it so it wouldn't kill me. Ah, those were the days! Makes me feel 5 again. I wish I could be scared of things like that again.
5/28/2001 c1 ApocalypticDelerium
You do have a knack for horror, doncha Will? I don't think I've ever seen the Trilogy of Terror movies, but I have read some of Matheson's short stories. He's a damn good writer. Ever seen Child's Play? This reminded me of good ol' Chucky. Anyway, how I remember it, I saw Child's Play when I was a kid and that night ended up turning ALL my barbies and stuffed animals and dolls around so they wouldn't face me. lol. Translation: this was really good. I loved it.
5/28/2001 c1 Scott Timms
Really cool story. The little african doll creature rings a bell, think I've seen at least one of those movies. Also bears a passing resembalance to a Dean Koontz book, Tick Tock (I think). Sort of scary. Although in this sort of story, I find the unknown is scarier. Giving the doll a personality and past negated a little of the creep factor. But it was good. Pity neither of the guys put up much of a fight. Keep up the great writing.
5/27/2001 c1 StryderJin
A great story. The dialog is great. Too bad that story is so short thought.
5/27/2001 c1 7JaffaCake
Ahhhh! Dolls! Through time, they have spooked me so well. Congrats on doing it again with this story.