for Courting Chaos

7/23/2012 c15 1Uniquely Proud
Even though this story stands at just 15 chapters, it's pretty amazing. Never did I once feel like there was too much filler in the story and the plot moved along at a good pace.

I'm sure a lot of us have had the feeling of being 'second best' and I like that you mentioned it in your plot as well. :)

Great work, perhaps it could have been longer but it's good.
7/20/2012 c15 Guest
yay yay yay yay yay! Happy ending! And darn you for making me stay up until 3 am just to finish this! However, I'm so incredibly glad that it didn't end right after Nora's wedding. It needed the extra little boost. ...Well, I'll wrap this up because I have to go with my best friend at 9 this morning to walk her dog. Thanks again for the amazing story and the bags I will certainly be sporting under my eyes tomorrow. Can't wait to wake up and get back on your ballerina story. :D Have a fantastic day.
7/8/2012 c1 21rosieroo
Hey there! I'm Rosie from A Drop of Romeo and I'm happy to say that your story has been added to our site, under the category of 'Miscellaneous'! Here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: I was so excited when I saw another beauty from thenifoundfivedollars sitting in my inbox. To sum up this story in one word: ADORABLE. From the plot, to the characters, everything shows a high level of creativeness from the author. I think it's commendable how the first chapter brilliantly introduced the characters and their personalities, without it being an information dump.

I've read the whole 'ex-getting-married-to-close-friend/family' cliche a few times but the author has made it her own with a super interesting family and protagonists. thenifoundfivedollars did an amazing job at developing the characters as the story went on. You could see that Sam grew as a person as she came to terms with her sister and her ex-fiance getting married and as her relationship developed with Aaron. And who can't fall in love with crazy Tyler?

Sam and Aaron are utterly adorable and just plain perfect together. Aaron is first thought of as an arrogant jerk but as Sam gets to know him, the reader understands just how wrong this first impression is. Aaron is intelligent, selfless and so sweet at times I just wanted to hug him. This story is realistic, well-written and developed at a perfect pace. thenifoundfivedollars has a writing style that draws the reader in and makes you keep reading. This story is completely heart-warming and I highly suggest it for everyone to read! It is truly an enjoyable, error-free read that you can read again and again.
Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 3:06 PM 0 comments
7/6/2012 c15 Guest
AAAAAAMMAAAZZZIINNNGGG!
7/4/2012 c15 Guest
This is perfect. I think you should make a side story for Sam's brother. He needs to meet the man that stops him in is playboy tracks!
6/29/2012 c15 6Carmel March
I just had this long flight and I decided to download this story to my computer in order to read it on the plane...and I read it all in one go! It was SO GOOD. I loved Aaron's character and how original he was. I felt like he was a real person. And as for the adorableness of him and Sam, that was just perfect. And Tyler was such a great side character. And asdfjisdfoidshfoid, I love everything you write. Thank you for another WONDERFUL story! Adding this one to my faves as well :)
6/1/2012 c15 2obijuankenobi
So, I'm generally a big fan of yours, but this story itself made me an even bigger fan. Mainly because I had a black lab named Tucker who was two when he died, and so reading the part about Aaron's Tucker made me feel like my Tucker was still around for just one moment more. And, yeah, everything about this story was pretty wonderful, but Tucker's my favorite.
5/13/2012 c3 7squillink93
i love this chapter! who's turning japanese by? :)
4/25/2012 c15 Aradia Cloud
Dang me, but I loved this story. It was unbelievably cute, and I loved all of that mush in the epilogue.

Nora's kind of okay now, I guess.

Still dislike Jake.

Tyler's still my homeboy, coz he's just awesome.

And I hope that Aaron and Sam have a bunch of little babies and live happily ever after.

Kudos

$*Aradia Cloud*$
4/24/2012 c6 Aradia Cloud
Loving all of this AaronXSam action. They're just so awesome together. I heart it all the way.

Screw Jake and Nora.
4/24/2012 c3 Aradia Cloud
They are so cute!

I haven't met Jake yet and I already wish he could die.
4/24/2012 c2 Aradia Cloud
Tyler is awesome.
4/24/2012 c1 Aradia Cloud
I don't like Nora. Not at all.
4/21/2012 c15 3Quixoticisms
I'm liking this for two reasons:

1)I love your story-it has the right amount of maturity/realism with just the teeniest and optimal smidgen of prince charming.

2)ENGINEERS UNITE. Of course, I'm still an undergrad; but really sympathise and bemoan the lack of female friends in engin-and I'm really sick and tired of the stereotype that female engineers are 'manlier'/less feminine than all other females; as if we're a separate third gender. Sure we aren't weak pansies-we need to fit in with the boys and hold our ground amidst the testosterone, but that's only to prove that we're just as capable even though we have an X instead of a Y-chromosome; and that doesn't make us any less feminine, humph! Sorry for the engin-feminist rant, mid-finals stress you see.

Once again, I love your story-gives me an appreciated window of imaginative romanticism in life.
3/21/2012 c15 8CrazyCowgirl101