for So Alone

7/14/2012 c1 12reaching-for-sunlight
That was sad and lovely. I especially love the line, "Loneliness is a silent killer; same as death".
7/10/2012 c1 14RinaJewelz
Great start, I think I spotted one error though, where you wrote:
'Both leaves me depress,'
Instead of:
'Both leave me depressed'

If I could change a line, just out of personal preference, I would have written
'Now I live a life where I ride solo'
Instead of
'Now I live a life riding solo'

And where's the quote from at the end?
6/22/2012 c1 6Krazy Kaisy
This is very well written. Great job! :)
6/18/2012 c1 6CrazyLittleGermanMiss
this is amazing. I love it.
6/18/2012 c1 14AnonymousLily
Lovely poem capturing how isolating depression is! I was curious about the line "I use to have so much pride; when I use to feel alive." Was there a trigger to the aloneness or did it set in as you aged?
6/4/2012 c1 21D. S. Eden
Quite creative to end with a quote. There is a spelling error though. In 'Both leaves me depress', 'depress' should be 'depressed'. Great poem nevertheless :)
5/30/2012 c1 19bookppl93
I get depressed too. I go for a run or also singing without words like a sailors tune helps too.. That's just me, though.
5/29/2012 c1 81knownkonvict
I really enjoyed this. Outstanding job.

Loneliness is an illusion, in my opinion. I think it's created in your mind by this isolation that is within your own control. The idea of having no one there for you is really your own interpretation of feeling your own helplessness, your own lack of motivation to get better. It's depression in its most common form. But those are just my thoughts, don't take any of it into importance haha.
5/28/2012 c1 18duchessgummybuns
i agree that loneliness is a killer. very strong poem.
5/20/2012 c1 4Lanayaa
This is awesome, love the emotion in it. I particularly love that last line. :)
5/18/2012 c1 88Austin F
Great poem, We all fell like this at one point or another some more often than others.
5/15/2012 c1 45Onearmwonder21
OMG the wording here was filled with emotion and it was amazing. Keep writing, you don't suck you're awesome!

Kitty
5/13/2012 c1 16Meadow Frost
This is sad, and I'm sorry you feel this way. I think at some point in almost everyone's life we feel alone. I felt it, but looking back on it now I feel silly. As you grow up it'll get better, as long as you want it to get better, trust me. I wish you well.

Looking at the poetry aspect I think it was really good, your rhyming was awesome. and people can sympathize with it. Good job! Keep it up.
5/11/2012 c1 1Nalledia
Very well-written as always. I can really feel the pain and loneliness resonate throughout the poem; you have a real gift for showing emotion so powerfully in so few words: keep it up!
5/10/2012 c1 3B.A. Howard
Very dark, short, and to the point. I like it
16 Page 1 2 Next »