for Frankenstein

1/3/2012 c1 7The Red Raven
It is better to reign in hell then serve in heaven.Better to be smart and ugly than stupid and beautiful.
8/14/2010 c1 1Katie xD
I agree that that essay deserves more than a D.

MY english teacher would probably kill to get more papers like that handed in to him lol.
8/14/2008 c1 67moongazer7
I don’t this deserves a D unless it wasn’t according to the prompt. It’s very good.
6/15/2008 c1 Anonymous
For a ninth grader, this doesn't deserve a D. However, you (for some reason) were in an AP class. APs are college level, and by no means is this a college level paper. Your ideas seemed fleeting, as though you found a point you wanted to make, but then you were distracted and you flounced off to talk about another undeveloped idea. Had your ideas been developed, you may not have gotten such a low grade. But I don't think you should have been taking an AP class at that age, anyway.

I'm sorry if I sound like a scathing reviewer who just happened to be angry today. Your essay is not bad, just not at an AP level.
5/23/2005 c1 Student
Actually, I agree with your teacher. For an AP class, this is definitely a D paper. But I wonder... what were you doing in an AP class in the 9th grade? For a nineth-grader this paper is better than a D. However, AP classes are meant to be college level courses, and this is not a college level paper.
6/8/2004 c1 15Jebus hey
You probably did not deserve a D, but you did use a lot of terms that would be considered general. I think that a few of your pronouns didn't have clear antecedents, but then again I'm tired right now. The wording "Disney Movie" might have been what set your teacher on the path of angry wrath, and it might have compelled her to give you a D. Personally, I would have given you a low C because you started out with a decent thesis but you never really developed it well. In other words, you strayed from your thesis. I hope that your essay writing ability has improved though. You'll probably need to do better than this if you plan on getting scholarship money for college. You still didn't deserve a D though.
- Love
Jebus hey
1/12/2004 c1 carmice3
I agree. This is not a failing essay. Your understanding of the topic is at least competant.
Please clarrify: what exactly was asked of you? The only reason for this failing could have been failure to answer the question (or a teacher who takes offence at you using Disney's name in vain).
9/23/2003 c1 1killingaurora
No, it's definitely not a D story (probably an A) but you need to go over how you write your points and the topic sentence structure - the points need to be made clearer.

BTW, yeah, Buffy rocks! I'm still wondering whether I should be insulted about the whole 'pet rat and red-haired magic user' thing in your profile. I love Willow. Email me - who's your fav character? I can't believe Buffy's over! But yeah, I better stop screwing up the review.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service