for Intermission

4/8/2013 c1 112SugarRayne
Awww man now I feel even worse about killing off all my own characters! D:

Nice story, it is really different and interesting...
2/18/2013 c1 2Marguerite Grimmett
Wow... this story gave me a truly different perspective of writing. The story is full of interesting points, and the story grabs the reader's attention from the start. Good job! Though I wish this was expanded into a full novel. :D
2/9/2013 c1 2JYates
I thought this was a really interesting take on the plot! I think what makes it so interesting is that you would never think of an author as a parasite on the characters they create and direct. In the short story, I really felt its connection to the prompt. Although I think maybe that the prompt is the only thing I could connect with, the character didn't have a whole lot of life in it or any memorable features. As I think more about it though I start to realize that maybe that character shouldn't be memorable because there are so many different things he/she could be. Gosh you're good at this! I certainly wish you the best of luck in the Writing Challenge Contest!
2/8/2013 c1 13VelvetyCheerio
Ooh, I feel bad to say this, but I loved it. *pats character on the head*

I really liked the way the character is not just one specific character, but all of them. It is [Archetype, Stereotype, Device, and Cliche] and I thought that was clever, designating a single voice for the many.

The urgency at the end I thought really added to the voice, but I do think the ellipses took away from it somewhat. The pauses felt out of place next to the exclamation points so I wasn't really quite sure what effect I need to put on the words.

I did really like the concept of the author being in the character's head, though. Because usually we think the characters live inside our heads haha, so I wonder if that's what's really happening, but because you torture those poor souls so much, you've effectively gotten into their minds, lol.

An interesting piece! Best of luck to you in WCC. :D