for Shoddy First Impressions

9/16/2013 c1 cvbnjmhjkjhgfv
I've read your profile so I know you don't intend to write any more - not much, anyway - but have you considered writing a second chapter? This story is absolutely fantastic, the characters have such a delightful 3D air about them, the dialogue is entrancing and the plot captivating. I love how you've paced into the story, too.
6/5/2013 c1 EverlastingBlueSkyXD
First of all, I'm so sorry I am terrible at reviews. . But this story was very nice. :) Absolutely loved it! Wondrous rhythm.
6/5/2013 c1 2Irony'sFriend
Wow. Just wow. See, this is why FictionPress is the best site in existence and why summers are absolutely amazing. I love waking up to that practically glowing email that means a new story from my favorite writer. I read this with my coffee at my side, and it was just pure perfection.

You did a really great job with adapting British culture! I mean, not that I would really know when I live in the southern states, but the lingo was great, and I could easily picture Ephemeral Existence among the other wonders of London. (By the way, I adore the name of the club.) You described the place perfectly, especially the shite bands! The chai lattes, Jackie's running commentary, the music: it all created a great atmosphere.

Your characters really sparked to me. Jackie's dry humor seriously cracked me up, and though I wasn't a big fan of Jarrod at the beginning, he truly shocked me at the end. Even Lizzie was clearly three-dimensional with her own personality and flaws and perks. All three were very realistic, and I loved seeing them interact.

And may I just say wow. I never saw any of that coming. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't that. Jackie is obviously very damaged, and her icy cold shield was so clear to us. Then Jarrod comes along in his shy, bumbling fashion and does his best to bring her out of her shell. Of course, Jackie threw that in his face in the most cruel way possible, but the end truly jarred me to my core. I never even imagined that Jarrod had talked to Lizzie and bought all those chai lattes. The entire story was powerful, but that last section and the last sentence really drove it home. Brilliant!

This was such a lovely little story, and it was a fantastic way to wake up! I'd love to read more oneshots from you!