for Essays

4/12/2019 c36 ForeverFan
Completely agree. Break up your paragraphs a bit more (I'm guilty of this, too!) it does make for an easier time reading. Otherwise, this is really good.
4/12/2019 c35 ForeverFan
Totally how me and my husband do things. You have to nowadays and no shame in it. We're saving for bigger and better things! Very wise and well written, as always.
4/9/2019 c33 25AriaCreates
i was so high writing these
9/15/2017 c19 Guest
Absolutely agree... Help with homework and having something to relate on does remove awkwardness, but understand something. Just because they are a writer doesn't mean they will agree with you.

Some writers love writing fiction, others write about current events/politics, others write about religion... Writers are in every political opinion and every religion so be tolerant to differing opinions. If someone in your dorm is pro-choice or anti-gay or pro-life and pro-gay.. Hear them out and respect them as people and writers.
9/15/2017 c18 ForeverFan
Absolutely agree and we'll written. It's true, a child's mind is like a sponge... If you're going to teach your children multiple languages do it as young as you can.

Pre-school is a must and for your further study, look at the academic success rate of home-schooled children. They are more advanced than their public school peers.

American education system needs to be fixed... A passing grade should go back to above 70 percent and we need to be teaching life skills to children. Cooking, gardening, filing taxes, politics, being civil, writing resumes, etc. Life skills. Making high schoolers job shadow many different trades and careers. Let's prepare our children for the future.
9/15/2017 c17 Guest
MLK was a great example... He'd be saddened by African American youth today. He'd be saddened by Black Lives Matter that resort to violence. MLK was a peaceful Christian man...

God doesn't care about the color of your skin, He cares about your sin. Let us keep praying for the healing of the black community.
9/15/2017 c16 ForeverFan
I disagree that a woman that marries a man with money is just a moocher off of him. That's sexists. All women who chose house making... All our grandmother's who were housewives were not moochers. They worked hard! They may not have a job that brings in money, but they do work in the home... Cook, maid, etc. etc. That work has monetary worth to it.

And that's the America dream... To have a hard working and loving husband, a wife that takes care of the children and home, that house in the suburbs with a white picket fence. The simple life.

Getting hand outs isn't success.

A career in the Arts is hard to get... Many have talent and work hard to get spotted... Constantly submitting their work to publishers, constantly going to try-outs, casting calls, etc. It takes focus and discipline.

Many Hollywood stars sell their souls. They are controlled by their record label and managers. You're correct there.

Making change in the world takes focus and discipline as well. Getting out and being an activist. Joining groups with a cause... Animal rights, Gay rights, Pro-Life, Children's rights, Women's rights, etc. etc.

I pray you do it... You have the passion and it is better to have tried than to have never tried at all.

Join a cause and commit to it with focus and discipline.

Write a story and commit to it with focus and discipline.
7/30/2017 c15 ForeverFan
Than why do we have black actors/actresses in other movies, but can't have black actors/actresses? There's tons of leading actors and actresses that are black... Oprah, Whoopi Goldberg, Halle Berry, Queen Latifah, Denzel Washington, Eddie Murphy, Morgan Freeman, Will Smith, etc.

We have gotten better as far as diversity is concerned with prime time TV has shows such as Blackish (About a black family) and Fresh Off The Boat (About an Asian family) and yet... Last Man Standing (About a white conservative family) was taken off air.

At the same time of welcoming in diversity, we also need to remember to not discriminate against white people as racism goes both ways.
3/22/2017 c2 esteraandries
you're right, they are tough... this was a great essay
3/21/2017 c14 ForeverFan
Thank you for your rawness... It's what I love most about your writing.

No matter the similarities we have with our parents... We are still our own person... A unique individual that we choose who we want to be. Life is not predestined. We can choose to have our life circumstances mold us or we can take control and mold ourselves despite our circumstances. Always letting go of selfishness and focusing on our own betterment and bettering the world.

Life is too short to be wasted in bed. I mean no offense, as humans we're all perceptual to depression so it needs to be something we fight against, the self-interest/selfishness and loathing... Insecurities, anxiety, fear, arrogance, bitterness... All negative emotions, etc. etc. etc.

Don't let bitterness or fear EVER rule you... You have a great ability to self-reflect... You'll make an amazing mother. Don't fear, don't doubt yourself. You are in control of who you want/need to be.
3/21/2017 c13 ForeverFan
Great work! I was made to read "Narrative of Sojourner Truth" in High School, which, is also a story of her life as a slave. Good read. Made me get teary-eyed which rarely happens.

I'd like to add just for some more philosophical depth (sorry I'm nerdy), as you quoted Ecclesiastes... Ecclesiastes 1:18 to be exact, that this verse has to be understood in context of the book...

Good explanation here: watch?vVeUiuSK81-0

Wisdom does bring grief once someone comes to the revelation that life is temporal and vain... Why in Ecclesiastes it is repeatedly said, "Vanity of vanities; all is vanity". For many this revelation of learning that life is unfair, death comes to all and that everything is meaningless would cause a down-spiral of depression. For others, who push past the pain not being bound by depression or false coping mechanisms, will realize the key to life, the meaning to life that is not vain and which brings true happiness.

Proverbs 3:13 ~ "Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding;"

Proverbs 8:13 ~ The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 9:10 ~ The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

True poetry. Knowledge used for the betterment of ourselves and the world. And if I may quote, Sir Francis Bacon, "Knowledge is power."
3/15/2016 c11 ForeverFan
Then again we cannot go against the parents rights how they want to raise their children. The Govt. shouldn't raise children, the parents should raise their children. There was less teen pregnancy in the 40s and 50s yet sex ed wasn't as detailed as it is today... So it's not sex ed that prevents pregnancy, it is MORALS that prevent pregnancy.

Also to mention on women's liberation... It was started by wicked elite to get women into the work force so the Govt. could get tax dollars from women and so women would have to put their children into public school so the children would be raised by the state and not the mother.

Even though I disagree with points and statistics in this article, you wrote it well.
3/13/2016 c1 Disappointment
Clicks to read an essay.

Laughs as soon as I see this.

I am disappointed in my 2013 self. Ewww.
8/22/2014 c5 1MangekyoMarie
Don't forget fluoride in water too... So many places have nasty water. Bottled is better. lol... Seriously. Very good, I found it cute and cheesy in a way. Educational though.
8/22/2014 c4 MangekyoMarie
Hmmm... Good point. I always take away a parent(s), friends away from my characters... Happens to everyone at least once in their lives. As writers, the best we can do is make someone feel that they can relate.

Good essay!