for Back in the Day, When Being Was Unbearably Light

9/5/2019 c1 Emilia
That has to be one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read, so truthful, so well written! Kudos to you!
1/10/2018 c1 PhilipTheCinnamonRoll
i have read and reread this story many times and i still will do so for a long time. Have you written a book? also please post on scandalous i love it thx
5/12/2017 c1 Jia
It was a nice read.
These lighthearted and relatable fiction is what keeps me rooted to fictionpress.
Thanks
10/18/2016 c1 halcyon
this was beautiful. never stop writing.
10/13/2016 c1 shinju asuka
*sigh* this is beautiful...
5/10/2016 c1 2Severed Arm
I'm so stupid; I always just search in the romance genre and don't look at the other genres attached to it.
angst.
romance/angst. my mortal enemy.
I'll learn my lesson one day and not die from a story that's so bittersweet it's a 70% cacao chocolate bar.
4/19/2016 c1 Guest
I think it's cool that you have let the ending open. Its worth it but not completely satisfying. This way the story seems to stay with you.
8/15/2015 c1 ImaginationFlows
The ones that would probably happen are the last one or the first one
(I kinda wish it was the last one)

It was a great and unexpected story.
7/25/2015 c1 69Shadowswept
I absolutely hate student/teacher stories, so for you to make me favorite this is a huge accomplishment. It's the great writing that won me over, despite how much I disapprove of this kind of thing. Also, your protagonist was aware of the wrongness of it the entire time, and her angst was woven through the entire story. It came across as heartbreaking rather than exploitative and titillating. It was passion rather than mere lust, and you conveyed that so well.

The use of the second person POV was different and made the reader connect to the protagonist and imagine being in her shoes. It was really a brilliant choice for this story. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the multiple choice endings, only because I wanted a definite conclusion. I'd have to choose one of the last three, because I don't see a happy ending for them, but I see it being angst rather than prison.
7/15/2015 c1 Guest
omg
1/5/2015 c1 4Fiery Dancer
OK - I loved this fix, though am very annoyed with the choice of endings! Really want to know from you, which one happened! Also loved your writing style - at first wasn't sure about it, but it really suited the story
10/19/2014 c1 Le Meerkat
Hmm... such an interesting little story, especially with a more than unusually plot... I've never really noticed that there's never really a female teacher/male student hahaha...Points of note: loved the fact that there were no names and how everyone described by the teacher was a label, I'm pretty sure that's how teachers really learn everyone's names... It was a slightly disappointing that there was no clear-cut ending, but it was still good that you left an open ending with ALL the potential endings... let's the imagination work for once hahaha. now it's time to read through everything else you've written haha thanks for the story :D
9/7/2014 c1 Joeythekanga
This is my favourite story! I come back regularly to read it. It never loses its charm. It's my favourite of your stories. Your characters are so human, believable. I love it!
8/10/2014 c1 7Mr. Ree
Hi there! Your story was added to the oneshot category of A Drop of Romeo (quite a while ago, sorry about that) :) Here's your review:

The best part about Back in the Day, When Being Was Unbearably Light is the ending. It's open-ended, satisfying and not at the same time, and not at all expected. Ironically, not in the way you'd think. And no, you're not allowed to just skip down to the bottom and read it because you'll miss the amazing story attached to it (and it probably wouldn't make much sense anyway).
As the summary states, this is a story about a teacher and her complex relationship with her student (aka 'Beautiful Boy'). It starts with the two during the school dance he is supposed to be attending and she is supposed to be chaperoning. They're in his car, and she 'recalls the path to [her] own destruction,' which started five months ago.
Narrated in 2nd person, this one-shot is written so well that 'flawless' isn't even close. But it wasn't only SophieInPink's prose that made her story so great. If I had to give an award for character portrayal, this is the story I'd give it to. They're interesting, and at the same time consistent and realistic, which is a hidden gem if I've even seen one.
7/27/2014 c1 hunter005
You are a very good writer! I really enjoyed the 2nd person narrative. And that ending:
G. E. N. I. U. S. Very satisfying because it gives the reader an opportunity to imagine what happens afterwards. Overall, you wrote an awesome story. :)
34 Page 1 .. Last Next »