for A teenage depression

5/31/2014 c1 Guest
"Story of my life"
Life isn't all it's cracked up to be... But then again, what is?
What I'm saying here is, that, while it doesn't get better, and it's always going to be there, whether hidden in the shadows, or out in the sunshine, it's okay to feel.
And that's the beauty of life, I think, to be able to feel emotion in its rawest, in it's true form.
It takes that away from you, yes it does, but once you have even felt it in the slightest, it makes you want to hold on to it more, to feel nothing, Becuase what's waiting is so raw, so hurtful, that you don't know whether you want to feel that or not.
But, believe me, what's waiting, whatever it is, it is worth it to break free. Because with sadness, comes anger and grief and despair, but it also brings happiness, joy, appreciation and love.
Caring can hurt, but it's worth it, to even feel that for one day.
Trust me on that.
And when you break free, it's like opening your eyes for the first time, and seeing the world in a different light.
And I would spend a thousand days doing manual labour, just to feel that for even one day.
So break free, open your eyes and take a look around you. The world is an amazing place, filled with wonders.
You'll be surprised at what you see.
- TheDemonsInsideMe
2/6/2014 c1 Guest
Gybyb
2/5/2014 c1 4Lolitroy
"The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The broken people are the wisest."

In my short time of living, I have come across thousands of teens, my age and youner and older, most of which have somehow manifested depression. Last year, I was assigned a sociology project about any topic in adolescence, of which I picked depression. It's wasn't until I had long dived into our behavior that I realized we are not that different.

According to one poll, out of 100 teenagers, 92 manifested having felt "depression" at one point in their lifetime. 36 manifested having cut, and 8 considered suicide. A variable was that only the more open ones answered easily. Now think about it. Not everyone will tell about their private lives. I'm a teen. And I know perfectly how we feel.

Truth is, and as cruel as it may sound, happiness is almost impossible. Sure, there are times at which we feel there is nothing wrong, but they're swift. People never have everything. And because of that is why wrong may exist.

You know babies are born without judgement. They learn from surroundings, and even if we are born with a certain personality trait the basic things are learned from experience. It's proven that children in a peaceful home are usually more confident, while those raised in broken families often are more insecure and tend to act more agressive. Now think, what causes bullying? Cruelty is not there just because. Something has to have happened.

We all think at one point of our lifetime our life is one of the saddest. Just in fictionpress, how many angst poems are there? Stories posting their authors' shattered feelings? We think our life is worse than average. But it isn't. Hurt is a universal thing, sadly.

Now, coming to the point. Don't think your case is the saddest. Don't think things are lost. Don't think the world is better without you. Because just as you, millions of others hurt themselves. They feel alone. Because sadness is corrosive and it eats away all happy thoughts.

You are not alone. Neither is anyone who self-harms. I know, I know, you may have heard this a million times. But from another lonely teenager, this is my best advice. You were born because you deserve to live. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to give color to the world with your smile. But you don't deserve to suffer. No one does, because those who hurt have been hurt as well.

Hatred, sadness, resentment, they are poisonous. Bullies are, speaking from experience, not worth of calling you anythin. Those who look down on others usually wear a shell. I always had the tendency to say stupidly hurtful things, and to bully without unconsciously knowing it. It wasn't until later at night that I realized what I had done and could only cry in guilt. But pride is another poisonous thing. To this day, I have never given a proper apology.

Now think. Who deserves to be hurt? Have you ever hurt someone so badly that they ended up crying at night? I did, I didn't realize, I thought it was just an innocent joke. Now that I see my friend, a person who I care so much about coming to school with bags under her eyes, I realize how horrible of a person I am.

Goshdang it, and I was supposed to make it quick.

Anyway, as much as I deserve to be cast in flames, I do care about others. A lot. Which has made me think, just as I care, others may. We never realize the wrong we do. We never know how much a single word can break a person, actions included. But the second we see what we've done, we break down.

Very few people like seein others suffer, and that is because they have been corrupted to that point. They were born innocent. But the world is just that cruel.

Just know you are not alone. You never will be. Because in some place of the world, another person is feeling lonely. If only we'd realize there is hope to everything, perhaps that would make us stop crying at night. Somewhere in this world, I am hoping you feel better with all my heart, believe me. Even if I'm not caring for, you are. Even if you don't feel loved, you are. Even if you feel like there is no chance, there is. Metaphorically speaking, there is always sun behind clouds.

Please don't feel sad. If you do, just think how someone wrote a novel trying to cheer you up, even if I failed. I tried my best, I swear.

Just believe there is a tomorrow. Be careful of what you do. Remember everyone has kindness within, no matter how hidden. And how we all have our own demons inside.

Anyway, I'm practically sleeping here. Just smile, okay? Smiles make everything much more beautiful. Laugh. Play. Don't let sadness take over. If you do, feel free to PM me. I will be more than happy to hear you :D
2/5/2014 c1 2QuirkyDreamer
This story is so sad, but I love how you showed the thoughts of someone being bullied. You're very insightful, and I know a lot of people will appreciate that.

- IceWriter25