for A Bad Joke

7/23/2014 c3 TheRobotQueen
I'm loving this story so far. It's well written and easy to follow. Someone has said this before, but I like how you don't just give us all the character information in the first chapter. It helps the flow of the story. It leaves more to learn.
The breaking of the fourth wall is good. You don't see it as often.
My particular favorite "character detail" so far is that being a sneaky pickpocket is who Digger is, and he has to really think in order to act more nonchalant.
The mystery behind Digger is intriguing. Why is he Digger now? What was his life like when he was Conner?
There's emphasis on Digger having a different past, but who was Rags before? How long has he had that name? How sick is he? (At the moment, I suspect it's the flu, with the mentions of nausea and fever.)
I also liked the foster home with the neglecent parent, but at the same time the best option they had.
I wonder what Digger will have to do now that he's taken on the job. I really wonder how Mr. Johns knew that Digger's real name was Conner.
I can't wait to see what's next.
7/20/2014 c3 Guest
I honestly love it so far, it's well written and the storyline is so exciting and entertaining. Possibly one of my favourite stories online so far, can't wait to see what's next :)
7/1/2014 c2 1Ghaiyun
I like your story so far. Although the "call to action" was a bit quick and rushed, it was still good. The character development seems good. I like how you dont just pile up information on the characters in the first chapter (excluding the prologue.)

You might have already figured these out, but I'm asking these for the character development and backstory

Can Rags talk or is he a mute? (i was just curious about that one)

Why are they foster children? What happened to there real parents? How long have they been in the foster system?

Although I know they are broke, why is he stealing and how did he learn to? Isn't he old enough to get a job, so why doesnt he just do that?

...those were pretty bad questions, but you get the point. I like your story so far (as i stated earlier) so keep up the good work and make sure to keep updating! I want to find out what happens next!
7/1/2014 c1 Ghaiyun
I'm sort of new to this site and so far I've read only about three stories. (I started actually reading yesterday.) So far the beginning sounds interesting unlike the other ones I've read. Honeetly i dont know why im reviewing... Probably because barely anyone on this site reviews...

Anyways, i guess i want to say that your story sounds interesting so far even though the prologue was probably only a hundred or so words, so good job in catching the readers attention and I'll enjoy reading this story in the future! :)
6/30/2014 c2 5Kitxkat
I'm actually quite interested with this story. I mean, the beginning made me a bit curious, although, I don't particularly fancy first person POV's...your story made me look past that and I kept on reading. The protagonist is a pickpocket - and I like that. I like how the story could be centered around ordinary citizens without all the magical powers or some hybrid person. Just a character with a defined personality could just draw in readers. And Digger interests me, so I wonder what will happen to him and his family. I wonder where this will go, nice job so far on the writing. It's well written and I didn't really spot any grammatical/spelling errors. Description wise is also good. It's good not to be overly ornate while writing (since I'm a bit of purple prose like writer, so I kind of envy how you could be quick and precise while illustrating the story with fine words!) or have a lack of description. It would be nice if you continue, I'm curious, since, well, just curiosity makes me intrigued to see what happens next! x)