for Ricochet

4/14/2016 c19 stars and circle
I loved your last chapter. I have re-read this probably like 10 times. It was perfect. Thank you!
4/13/2016 c2 3TheClosetWriter16
I'm finally catching up on this since I have a short break (to catch up on assignments- as well as my most loved stories haha). I've missed Gemma, Boone and the tension between them so much. I'm excited to be introduced to all these new characters, I can tell I'm going to be just as enthralled in this story as the first. So expect a number of reviews in the next week haha (I always try to wait until the last updated chapter but I have a feeling I might not be able to).
4/13/2016 c19 7mesweetescape
I've already reviewed via a guest name, but it's been a few weeks since I read this last chapter. And the way you wrote how Boone said I love you was perfect. It was so flippin' perfect.
So casual but with so much weight behind it in a way that I realised (once I gushed to a friend who had no idea what this story was) would be so meaningless to others.
You took us on a journey, and we feel the love that Boone and Jenna have so strongly because of the way you write. If love exists, I want that. hahahaha

I will miss these two so much so please never stop writing super sequels and prequels and super super sequels. x I will follow you until forever! haha
4/10/2016 c19 Guest
Thank you for finishing that story so beautifully I wish I had an account to follow you! I've been reading vertigo and richocet for what seems like years and literally hold out on the days they were updated! I look forward to any future work you have planned to publish. Your such a great writer once again thank you!
4/10/2016 c19 TheLastEmu
So, I marathon read Vertigo and Ricochet this past week. This has been one of the most enjoyable reads I have found on fictionpress. I would have paid for it without hesitation. I really wanted to support you, so for now I figured the best thing to do would be to write a positive review.

I find the spy genre fascinating. It seems very challenging. What stuck out in your story is the amazing detail paid to the international culture, setting, and people. I see from your biography that you have a travel blog and have traveled widely, and I think it really shows. It is difficult to convincingly write about things you have never experienced. So thanks for taking us on such a journey!

It is also obvious that you put a lot of time into research. I imagine the international politics, the jargon, government policies and procedures and CIA titles, weapon models (etc) were all things you must have meticulously noted.

Plus, I am a serious romantic and Gemma and Boone are just d'aww, but not in a cheesy cliche way. You sold it and I am glad that you really kept Gemma as a strong individual with self-respect while exploring everyone's flaws too.

I read that you garnered some of your spy fiction knowledge from TV shows. I am curious what shows. Personally, I am a big fan of Alias, Nikita, Person of Interest, and The Americans.

Anyway, loved the story!
4/9/2016 c19 mylittleprincess
AWESOME STORY! (THE BEST WRITER EVER ) I will miss Boone and Gemma :D
4/8/2016 c19 carrothead101
My heart hurts... You seriously took me on a roller coaster ride I just feel so happy with this ending. It is seriously perfect I'm obsessed with your writing thanks so much. I'm very overwhelmed SO IM JUST ENDING IT WITH I LOVED IT THANK YOU
4/8/2016 c19 12MTveit
I can't believe we're here at the end. I put off writing a review because I knew that a final review would mean it was really over. But what a journey it has been! And as much as I wished this could go on, one chapter a month for years and years, this ending was absolutely perfect. They truly deserved their happy ending.

Reading Vertigo and Ricochet for years now, I've become so attached to your characters. They feel like real people in a way, and that says a great deal about your talent for writing and hard work. Your characters have shown so much growth while staying themselves at the same time. I read a lot of romance/action, and believe me when I say, not one of them comes close to this level of character deveopment and overall personality. This is what makes me absolutely sure that you must truly love your characters.

And the thing is, it's not even just the main characters you develop. Every single OC feels like a person due to their actions, expressions, language. I mean, you even made me like Gibson, who at the beginning seemed like such a cold bitch. Slowly, I've come around to her and now, she's one of my favorite characters in these novels. I really hope she achieves her dreams, and with her attitude, I'm positive she will. It's the same with Danny. While he hasn't been in focus all of the time, he is a well fleshed out, developed character, whom I adore. I hope we get to meet him again in 'The Rook'.

I'm not even gonna comment on George, because he is perfection. LOVE HIM.

Before I round off this way too long review, I MUST say some things about Gemma and Boone, my (probably) all time favourite couple in fiction.

Boone. Oh, Boone. I haven't wanted a fictional character to be real as badly as I have him. Apart from that time I was 16, and stupidly longed for an Edward Cullen of my own. Luckily, I've grown up since then. Anyways... Boone is flawed. Boone is complicated. Boone is sometimes very stupid. Boone is also incredibly lovable, funny, protective and completely perfect for Gemma. I can't wait for 'The Rook' to finally get inside that head of his.

But as much as I love Boone, no one can beat Gemma. Gemma has become this incredibly relatable, intriguing and BAMF heroine. Looking back at the first chapters, it's wonderful to see how far she's come as an agent and person. Sometimes, when I'm drifting off in my lectures, my mind wanders to Gemma, and what she would do in spesific situations. What is someone in my class draws a knife on us - GASP! What would Gemma do? What if the Russians take over our country? Shit, what would Gemma do?

No, seriously, that's what I do most classes.

All in all, these chapters have often been the highlight of my day, or even week. And this last one did not dissappoint. On the contrary, I haven't felt so much emotion reading in a long time. That 'I love you' scene was paced and placed to perfection. Really, this intire chapter, especially the 'talk', was very rich with emotion. It was 1/5 cheesy, 1/5 awkward, 1/5 filled with sexual tension, 1/5 funny and 1/5 serious. 100% realistic and endearing.

Thank you so much for all your hard work, Carmel March. I think everyone in here agrees that we truly appreciate it. I'm super excited for Boone's POV, and hope that there is some sort of epilogue in there somewhere. But you know what? You can write whatever the hell you want! As long as you're writing, I'm reading.

All I can do now is wait for 'The Rook' and hope that this character who wrote a 77 page paper to stay close to the girl he loves hasn't completely ruined my love life for ever.
4/8/2016 c19 Adoore Khwab
Damn girl. This is a perfect ending. I have such a strong feeling of contentment in my heart. Thank you so much for this. You have always delivered and gone beyond expectations. I truly ship you and this Vertigo/ Ricochet world n_n
4/7/2016 c19 Zlen
Best story on FP! The ending is perfect and am so excited about the rook.. I guess it's because it means I don't have to let go just yet. I don't want to. Carmel you are an amazing writer and am glad I got to be part of this awesome journey of Vertigo and Ricochet. Looking forward to more of your amazing work :)
4/6/2016 c19 1Damned to heaven
Really looking forward to read Boone's perspective especially now that I'm all sad this is over...
I love your writing, your story, your characters...well, basically everything. :)
I'd love to see how they both first met and what exactly he thought of ...? ;)
4/6/2016 c19 iamanacorn
I should be sleeping cos uni is kicking my butt, but that was the cutest ending ever :3
I could feel Gem's happiness as well as Boone's.
4/5/2016 c19 Guest
Its a bittersweet moment. I've loved this story for so long now, that I wanted it resolved but didn't want it to end either. I've been spellbound by these characters. And want them to be real. You make me want to find my own Boone. I would reeeeealy like a one shot a few years from now. Im glad you are writing a post ricochet. But I badly crave an epilogue that takes place a few years down the line. I know im asking for a lot, since you want to move from this story but please consider the idea. This was a perfect story and I will look forward to anything you write. I support you in endeavors. Thank you for creating such magnificent stories and characters that feel so real that I think about them throughtout the week. All the best!
4/5/2016 c19 1my princess ending
Oh Carmel! Years of reading this has finally come to an end. This truly has been a very long journey and I'm so proud of you. This series is filled with so much heavy feelings but Gemma and Boone never fail to have light hearted moments. You have done such a great job and I want to praise you extra for writing those descriptive action scenes and I'm sure you've done quite a bit of researching and I'm thankful for your dedication to not discontinue this series. I look forward to Boone's POV and I hope you never lose your passion to write because you have the ability to write well!
4/5/2016 c19 mcam4us
Oh my gosh! I cannot believe this amazing ride is over! I have been with you from the beginning of Vertigo and I am just so sad to see it end. You are an incredible writer and I hope you continue writing - I can't wait for Boone's POV and I look forward to reading anything else you have to share with us!
1,233 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »