for Dysfunctional: Origins

2/1/2016 c27 Dr. Arsenic
Haha, I love it when people get beat in the head with shovels. :D
1/31/2016 c27 8NOAVGC
An exciting chapter with lots of action and a little bit of horror mixed in. Very descriptive and fluid writing. Keep up the great work!
1/31/2016 c27 Guest
YES i love frequent updates thank you. Magnifixent
1/30/2016 c26 Guest
This is so cool! I love your frequent updates! Xox
1/30/2016 c26 Cosmic Horror
"ice cycle" Oh you amazing accidental comedian you. I should've known that the devil would be a fedora tipping gent.

-PC
1/29/2016 c26 NOAVGC
Sykes seems like a creepy character with the potential to become terrifying. It will be interesting to see how he is further developed.

I'm glad that the ima-Jane-ary friend is still around. I'd like to see how her relationship with Jane evolves and hoping she gets a name soon!

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to reading more!
1/25/2016 c25 NOAVGC
A couple of great chapters. A lot of exposition here, which is great to finally learn what is happening.

Ch. 24 was very tense and exciting, I was very nervous for Theo and Sally when Ms. Briggs got home! And their cliffhanging encounter with the drained girls! I wonder what will happen to them?

Ch. 25 was a lot of exposition as I said before, which came at a great time. It's also nice to see Ms. Briggs come to the forefront as a villian, when previously she was always kind of lurking around and we weren't sure if she was truly a player or not. And the mention of the shadow man, whom I'm assuming for now is the Big Bad, adds another layer of intrigue to the already complex plot. Very interested to see how he will further factor into the story.

As always, keep up the awesome work!
1/24/2016 c25 1Mr. Arsenic and Friends
End of Chapter 23: The fuuuu

End of Chapter 24: Excellent character development! Great explanation for Briggs and quite a twist with the shadow-guy. I can't wait to see how it all ties together in the end.
1/18/2016 c23 8NOAVGC
So I wanted to leave another review now that I'm all caught up.

This is an excellent story that I am thoroughly enjoying. Your characters are all quite interesting, with their own intricate pasts and backstories. You deal with a lot of dark and heavy subject matters like suicide and fatal illnesses, but do so gracefully and with obvious insight into the topics.

Your plot is very compelling, and it is not only interesting, but fun to watch as the characters develop and learn more about their superpowers.

Jane offers a great contrast to the main trio as well. While Reuben, Theo, and Sally have found each other and are learning about their abilities together, Jane has no one to turn to and must figure things out on her own. Her experience is by necessity vastly different, which you do a great job reflecting in her chapters. Props for the Star Wars reference in chapter 20, by the way.

My advice to you is to perhaps proofread a little more closely. I have noticed several typos/omissions along the way, but honestly, I am nitpicking a bit.

Overall, an excellent read and I am excited to read and learn more. Keep up the great work!
1/17/2016 c23 1Mr. Arsenic and Friends
At the very first mention of Halloween I began mentally-grinning like a toddler given free reign over not only a candy store - but the supply store for candy store nationwide.

Sign me the fuck up.
1/16/2016 c7 8NOAVGC
This story really has me hooked. Your characters are very compelling and I find myself wanting to know more and more about them. Their interactions are great as well; there is a lot of good chemistry in here.

Reuben so far is my favorite to read about. It is fascinating to see how his ability is rocking his entire world view at its foundations.

I'm very excited to read and learn more about these characters; where their powers came from, how they will further develop, and how their lives will continue to be affected.
1/10/2016 c21 1Mr. Arsenic and Friends
I gotta say that this story is just The Best Thing. Every chapter, the plot gets a tad more complex and not a single character bores me - not even the character meant to be entirely plain. (also, it's updated fairly regularly, so that is a definite bonus)
1/9/2016 c20 1SnarkyScribe
Aye Caramba. That unfortunate moment when you reach the end of an addictive, uncompleted story, and you have to wait for the next chapter.

Btw, Reuben is definitely Robin. The two names are even similar!
1/3/2016 c20 1Mr. Arsenic and Friends
And so the plot thickens... like gravy.
12/20/2015 c11 4PancakeOverdose
I'm really curious to see how this Jane sub-plot will figure into the over-arching story. For the most average person ever, some weird stuff sure is happening to her. And I'll admit, this chapter actually creeped me out a little. How is it that I can handle Reuben and all his actual insanity (depending on which of his doctor's you ask), but a closet full of plushies is what makes me antsy?
46 « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »