for 139 Years to the End of the World

3/18/2017 c1 5cornucopia
A deeply engaging story. I relished the whole thing. Thank you for it's creation
3/9/2017 c45 JaveHarron
Honestly, man, this is one of the best sci-fi novels I have read on this site. You've captured the dislocation in time fairly well, although the technology in the outside world seems fairly static (although the limited resources of the city could definitely account for this). You give each character a distinctive narrative voice, and I thought I detected shout outs to other sci-fi (like the Winter Train as a Snowpiercer homage). A few minor plot issues, though (Spoiler warning): Still, given the prevalence of cybernetics and common EMP weapons, I'm surprised they'd lack hardening, to say nothing of a relatively unguarded EMP bomb. Maybe it was some sort of mega-HERF instead? Then there's more radical transhumanist options, like being a brain in a jar (Ghost in the Shell style). The nature of the Mist still seems vague throughout the story, but a certain twist at the last chapter really seemed to come from nowhere. I know it's got a supernatural/otherworldly origin (which I suspect ties into your other 139 themed works), but not sure we get mentions of a space program or attempts to leave the planet. A certain character's claims of time travel seem to be taken at face value by the protagonist as well. That said, though, still a highly enjoyable read.
3/10/2017 c45 549Jave Harron
As I said earlier, this is one of the more interesting novels I've read on FP. You capture the being dislocated in time fairly well, although the story has some (admittedly minor) flaws. One of the few things I've read in one sitting, and this is from someone jaded by 2 decades of recreational reading of all types of things.
12/2/2016 c45 Woah
This is extremely well done, and profound in many ways. Good job.
12/1/2016 c45 philliph
An interesting story. Well worth a read for an SCFI fan.