for Return To The Garden

5/6/2017 c1 10njdevin529
This is interesting. I was an alter server for years at my parish, and the images in this poem are fascinating. I see a bit of conflicting images here, genuflect is kneeling in front of the alter, but you have that it's patronizing, and then the image of a garden. I'm not very experienced in poetry, but I am picturing a flower. I adore this poem. Keep writing, I can't wait to read more:)
3/14/2017 c1 1deewritesx
This is purely beautiful
1/19/2017 c1 169MallowsWins
I love the use of gardens in stories and poetry. There is something both comforting and mysterious in the word, it reminds me of being young exploring the unknown. Your poem does nothing to diminish the word :)

As for the poem itself, I love the dual nature of the emotions.

Great work, keep writing :)
1/5/2017 c1 167nickyO
I think your format is visually interesting too: the short line, the longer line, the short line, then longer and so forth. I'd interpret it as a relationship piece, the bits of religious imagery adding to the idea of not wanting to let someone you disagree with down, but knowing you have to follow your own convictions. Great work!
1/4/2017 c1 8LorrahBear
Very nice. It really speaks (to me) of and ebb and flow; a maturing and reluctance.

I wish I had more to say, beyond how it makes me thoughtful. Great job.
1/3/2017 c1 68Dreamarcher
What I see here is you are questioning God even though you want to believe. Your reverence of Him is reflected back to you unconditionally - after all God is the Patron of all things, and patronizing I think isn't always a bad thing (although personally I use that word negatively way more often) Fear of disappointing God is perhaps believing you have lost your innocence, or have sinned, or even are just cynical. Returning to the Garden is the need to return to the comfort of innocence or ignorance of evil, because seeing or believing in such a thing as evil creates our limitations and weakens us. That is my literal interpretation.

I liked the poem! It made me have to think hard and I might not even have understood it correctly lol!
Dreamarcher
1/3/2017 c1 Guest
Your poem is like a scene carved in marble hard and natural and yet soft and full of grace. To me you are capturing the fear in love, our frailty. Another piece of fine work, well done.