for The Duplicate Life of Isobel Erstwilder

1/27 c11 Guest
I still am hoping that you finish this one day!
8/19/2020 c11 Guest
I keep hoping you will finish this story! Started reading it years ago, but check back periodically for updates. Please.
8/11/2019 c11 zagato
This is an intriguing story, thank you!
7/17/2019 c5 Guest
If you ever do a round of editing, there’s a few small discrepancies.

Wool might be very water-resistant, but it takes forever to dry and it’ll smell something weird along the way. Personal experience on that. I was in marching band once upon a time and our 100 percent wool uniforms took the entire weekend to dry out. The choir room didn’t smell right for a week. Lord Blake would likely pursue some lighter fabrics. He strikes me as a very practical man.

Corset tightlacing didn’t become popular until 1840s-50s. 1835 is the last two years of the Regency era and corset lacing was only moderate. Back then, they exaggerated the shoulders to help make the waist look smaller.

I’m not sure how much historical accuracy you’re going for, but Queen Victoria didn’t take the throne until 1837. The monarch at the time was William IV and his wife Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen. A young Victoria could theoretically be present at the debutante ball, but 1835 is still two years too soon for her to be queen and her mother the Duchess of Kent was horribly controlling and liked to keep Victoria isolated from society. Also, she would be a minor in 1835, so if William died early, the country would be overseen by the Duchess of Kent acting as regent.
3/4/2019 c1 ThrilledGuest
Beginnings are everything and yours is fantastic. Immediately launching into Isobel's shoes - no bland phrases or obvious statements - you immersed me easily. Your writing style is a joy to me too, as your vocab choices and organization fit the period. Really, you deserve more attention for this story. Balance is key and you have it.
2/25/2019 c10 2OrangeSocksAndPolkaDots
OK - I hate to be this person but there are a few continuity issues in this chapter. A few chapters ago you mentioned that she didn't have a maid and had to clean the house and in this chapter she misses having her maid. She also notices there is only one staircase in the hotel when she arrives and is now using a back flight. I know I'm so guilty of mistakes like this when I write because it's a lot to keep track of but when someone like me (who is lucky to have 11 chapters to binge read) is flying through the story, it breaks the suspension of disbelief.

ANYWAYS, I think you've done a killer job with the challenge of moving them from England - a somewhat familiar, approachable setting to somewhere as foreign as India. Your descriptions of the market and the architecture really set the tone and convey the sense of wonder she would be feeling.

Agh, such a crazy encounter to end on - onwards!
2/25/2019 c3 OrangeSocksAndPolkaDots
The pacing of this story is really well done. We're moving with the characters into new spaces and meeting new people and it's unfolding in a way that keeps us hooked. The tension with Blake is a nailbiter for sure! I am curious about where they're going - I'm surprised Isobel hasn't asked or at least wondered herself.
2/25/2019 c1 OrangeSocksAndPolkaDots
I'm SO intrigued. Your writing is really vivid, I can clearly picture the settings and the characters. Excited to see where the next chapters take us!
2/23/2019 c11 emelarie
Finally, a protagonist I can actually like! She wants a genuine relationship, and to be genuine herself. How lovely! Your writing style is fantastic too, and the suspense is awesome.
2/22/2019 c1 Eucatastrophe9
I'm glad to read from you, Kristina. It's always a pleasure reading from you.

I hope you will finish it. There are plenty of the abandoned stories from you I wish you continued. :)
2/22/2019 c11 Leita
Wow. Ok. Did not expect this to be the best story I have ever read. Seriously...good job...I can't wait to know what Isobel encounters next!
2/19/2019 c11 Guest
Thank you so much! I know I should be content, but now I want more, More, MORE! :)
12/14/2018 c10 K
Have you considered publishing your works instead of posting them here? Not that I don’t love the fact that I’m able to read these amazing stories for free but idk maybe a little more editing and I think you should make money off of your work. It’s more fair to you. I would pay to read this story, I would buy it, and that’s coming from me (a huge cheapskate). I’ve read published books that aren’t half as good as this, if they’re published these sure as hell deserve to be. Not that there isn’t nor never will be room for improvement, but I think you’re good.
5/24/2018 c10 Guest
Really hoping for an update sometime soon. Missing this story!
1/10/2018 c10 Guest
Thank you so much for the update! This is one of my favorite stories! She could have stood to have been a bit more grateful for his rescue, but after that I completely understand that to throw him off using her stubbornness in refusing help and even meanness at suggesting he might also take advantage of her. Gave her time to get back to the hotel. Wonder what Elton's excuse is going to be for why he is injured the next day. Great job. Will impatiently wait for the next. :)
31 Page 1 .. Last Next »