for The Wizard's Complaint

6/20/2018 c7 43zanybellecloudo
A disturbing tale told with brutal honesty making it chillingly plausible. You write this story almost too well. It felt like a Stephen King story, terrifying yet so good you can't stop reading. The Wizard resembles the darkness of detachment from reality. Yet, he has unrealistic expectations of life. He desires foolishly and fails to value those who don't meet up to his ideals. The romantic movie almost switched him, maybe self doubt of being inherently unlovable, coupled with the disillusionment of work and people in general. It is sadly true of many people these days. They are fed with marketed ideals and unrealistic images of lives they believe they must acquire to be happy. They can no longer find happiness in a good, kind friendships or the comfort of their homes and family. No, instead they crave power and beauty and endless material possessions and status. When these manufactured needs are not met, they disconnect from reality. Fiction becomes a soothing substitute and eventually consumes its victim entirely. It never fails to amaze me how many people would rather futilely seek fantasy over something real yet flawed. If we all just remembered that everyone is just as fragile as we, then this world would be a kinder and happier place. More so, expectations of the external will only lead to emptiness and darkness. Until we look beyond that will we see the true magic of life and more so, one another. ZB.
12/19/2017 c1 10SaltwaterJanuary
This is an interesting start to the story, and it sounds like a fun idea...
I'll have to see how it goes for him.
9/20/2017 c1 anon123345648362506
Interesting premise! When I was younger, I always daydreamed of being transported into my favorite fantasy universe.
9/19/2017 c7 9Reiz16
I almost wanted the wizard to lose, but it's cool that he got away with it, too.
9/19/2017 c6 Reiz16
Well, that was elaborate.
9/19/2017 c5 Reiz16
I like Peggy's character. She seems more like another innocent one.

If the wizard keeps this up, the cops, or "knights" will figure out it's him...
9/19/2017 c4 Reiz16
I like the wizard having a friend and that he likes books and anime, but I think the wizard should think before he acts out on Nick.
9/19/2017 c3 Reiz16
It seems the wizard is surrounded by jerks and he has no friends.

Hopefully, he'll get his promotion. Or a friend.
9/19/2017 c2 Reiz16
I find it surprising that Sally will be his rival.

I was also surprised that Richard was killed, but I guess that's what happens when you want revenge.
9/19/2017 c1 Reiz16
I hope the wizard finds real love and gets back at Richard.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service