for purple lipstick

1/22/2018 c1 7lirianstar
That got me.

One simple question.
One reaction.
And the difference that follows.

The starting line was simple - but profound - opening up many possible explanations/opinions - of which one sticks out the most - the 'societal' one.
And A's response was simple...and jarring.
As the world/society doesn't care about what you want, or wanted - neither does your job or the people around you...no matter how intimate you may be.
And even if they did...all you get is the pity.

That's how I interpreted it anyway.

I really liked it. Pretty intense.
10/4/2017 c1 26Zukafu Chiriamoto
This isn't quite as I expected it to go but this is what I wanted (which was a good read, just to avoid any confusions).

Flash fiction - you certainly covered that. I'm surprised how quick less than 100 words went by, yet I didn't feel like anything was missing or left out. I was left feeling content after it ended. That alone I fine is not the easiest feat to accomplish. I particularly enjoyed the way the narrative made the reader think it was going one way but then it changed at the last line.

I think this is a good piece and I enjoyed reading.
Until next time,
Zukafu
10/4/2017 c1 19Ckh
There is a lot to like about this flash fiction. For one, your descriptions complement the theme of this piece. For two, the setting of two strippers casually preparing in the back lends a mundane feel to the otherwise wrong and sinful standard depictions of stripper clubs.

Its almost as if the strippers themselves are acclimatized to the suckiness of their job and are just bearing with it now - which is definitely unnerving. The actions in the story help add to the sense of normacy too. You didn't have to include "...busy with the curling iron in" but that inclusion made the piece more thematic - as least thats what I feel.

For three, great dialogue. The twist at the end was neat and it rounded up the twisted mundaneness of the setting nicely. A little note: I liked how you named the characters Stripper A and B, showing that strippers are only known by their stripper labels, and whatever personality they have is unimportant.

All in all, brillant work on this piece. Phew, and I managed to type that all out without running out of battery too.
10/3/2017 c1 9ooff
kinky and sorta thematic. idk what to feel about this,

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service