for Chronicles of Sword and Spell

3/28/2021 c3 6Darth Zannacross
And now things start off in earnest. His name is Kel...and he sure knows he's a star alright, a star that's going to get Me Too'd if he keeps this up lol.

Well...we will see were this goes I guess at another time.
3/28/2021 c2 31Starart152
This is a nice little prophecy that showed a little more about what might happen in the story. I guess that one protagonist represent the Light and the other the Dark.
3/27/2021 c2 6Darth Zannacross
Ah, another set up chapter but this is some enticing prophecy, should be fun to see what comes to pass.
3/27/2021 c1 31Starart152
This is a nice introduction for the story. I am interested to see the story of those who heroes. I wondered if their path will cross and how it will affect one another.
3/25/2021 c1 6Darth Zannacross
Hello Cross, I wonder around checking out stories and figured I'd give this Chronicles a whirl for a bit. Your intro on hyping up Cross Steinbacht wooed me over so I'll soon see if it delivers lol, till then.
9/11/2020 c40 thejashorrious
Was a good read waiting for more
8/26/2020 c40 4Unbreakable Ark
That chapter was amazing, SO worth the wait. The way you write your fight scenes is so well done that I can see them play out as if I'm watching an anime or something. Our young mages' resolve has gotten them through, and now the real training begins. Great stuff as always Cross.
4/3/2020 c39 6WolfGoesBaa
This is why I hate reading stories till the l ast chapter on this site. I like to binge read, so when I feel like I'm getting too close to the end I back away and wait for more chapters. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait.

This was a good training chapter and I like the growth of the characters and their understanding of magic.

To protect!
To destroy!

So cool :).
4/3/2020 c38 WolfGoesBaa
Coolio! I love that we got more explanation to how magic works and I love the inner voices 9f Kel and Alex in this one. Kel wanting to get stronger because he was vengeance on Gospel and Alex seeking the same thing but so that he can protect his home. This is great, really enjoyed it!
4/3/2020 c36 WolfGoesBaa
Awww... I really thought they would be able to go further. Oh well, I guess Kel and Alex won't ever go all the way. Good Chapter.

sending a small shriek of pain out of its [throught] - throat

pulling back his fist and connecting with a powerful straight to the beast's face - (might need a rewording)
4/3/2020 c34 WolfGoesBaa
Hey, first arc in the bag. This is shaping up to be an epic and an enjoyable one,so keep it up!
4/3/2020 c33 WolfGoesBaa
I like the ending, kind of a roll call of whose who and why they've taken this dangerous journey. These characters seem well fleshed out so far. Good job!

At least, [that what's] he kept reminding himself of - [that is what]

that were waiting to be analyzed [ed] and understood
4/3/2020 c32 WolfGoesBaa
They totally lucked out... Which is okay, considering they were headed for certain death. The POV for the chapter was all over the place. At some point it seemed we were seeing things from Leon's eyes then Holly then it became all jumbled up. Understandable since we had so many characters, not all fighting the same thing. It's something I also struggle with. But with this they've hopefully passed the last test
4/3/2020 c31 WolfGoesBaa
A new squire, nice. Youve already introduced a number of characters and I can remember most of them. I must commend you on that. The Paladins test seem overkill though. The scene of dead children you described is kind of disturbing and really puts into perspective how cruel this test really is, espe for aspiring heroes. Nothing too heroic about sending naive kids to their deaths.

She [presson] on as much she could.
2/23/2020 c30 WolfGoesBaa
Lots of embarrassing moments in this chapter. Seriously, Elephron is good and I'm starting to wonder what exactly is the differ between a mage and wizard. I don't quite remember him from the old Kel lore which leads me to believe that you created him? Regardless, it's good. I love the exchange between him and Kel especially:

Kel felt insulted. "Just who do you think you are?"
"Well, I think I'm the World King. But I know I'm Elephron

This got me thinking about the past chapter, chapter 26 listed as chapter 29 on the site. It's still very good but reading this chapter, it makes me think that the previous was poorly placed. It would have served as a good transition from Kel's story to Cross' or vice versa. But where it is now, it just sort of breaks the flow of Kel's story.

How could she tell her [that wanted to be] closer? - she wanted to be

"Bargha calls [all of his sons] - all of us his sons(?)

I've decided that, you will not be [being] paid for this assignment - (remove, Elpehron has said 'be being' more than once which makes me question if whether it's an author mistake or a habit of his.)
77 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »