for Why Utopia Will Forever Elude Us

4/27/2019 c1 J.A
Brilliantly worded and incredibly thought out. I’d like to contribute the fear of being forgotten as an added factor to how humans will forever elude Utopia. I believe that every act, subconscious or otherwise, is driven by the urge to be remembered by others - good or bad. To an extent, people do not fear death - they fear that what they have lived for accumulates to nothing and will be forgotten...
4/23/2019 c1 19Sir Scott
We were never met to achieve Utopia, it means nowhere place. I think your point is a little weak and very speculative. Most people do not fear death, as they believe the soul is immortal. Young people don't think they can die, until they witness the death of another. But, whether people are afraid of death or not afraid of death is a philosophical point and this essay is a political one, not a philosophical one. Since the hard truth is that Clinton and Trump are nearly the same. Debating the differences between the two political parties is like debating the merits of Coke vs. Pepsi. Had we only drank Coke, instead of Pepsi the world would be a better a place. Had Hillary won the world would be a better place. Even though Trump fights Muslims and Mexicans, like Obama did, the world would still be a better place. The planet Earth is a speck of dust in the cosmos a sitting target for the gods. A great meteorite will strike the Earth, as to the man made horrors or should I say human made horrors, as I would not want to exclude the fairer sex, that shall come it will count as nothing next to this event.
~Sir Scott