for Last Request

2/4/2021 c1 2cosmonitra
Wow. A very good one-shot about the distant future. We tend to at least *want* to believe in a nice future where *humanity* prospers and evolves... and it might just happen, if we don't go extinct before, but it might become too good. I think there is nothing inherently good or wrong about the future you wrote, and that it is so distant we might as well be referring to an entirely different universe - which it actually is since nothing is forever and even the universe is slowly changing/expanding/dying. Your work shows how everything eventually comes to an end in such an epic, tragic and curious, and eldritch way.
1/11/2020 c1 9Mislav
Pretty interesting and thought-provoking story. You captured the protagonist's state of mind and view of the world pretty well. No amount of technology, intelligence nor experience can help you once you run out of necessary but finite resources; universe-wide, no less. Even hoarding will only get you so far. Unfortunately, people don't realize that until it is too late. In the end, the only way to survive is to "slip into the void". And even that doesn't last forever. My favorite part was: "I slip gracefully into the void. While you, my enemies, will feast upon my eons of plunder, I know your own appetites will remain unsated. I will slumber on my meager stores for eons, until the universe grows ever colder, when my stores will last for a bit longer. Then, once I have used half, I will return to sleep until the temperature drops. This way, I will asymptomatically approach eternity, even as my stores die.

You will join me, whether after a blaze of glory or a pathetic whimper. I know after this fight, you will turn on each other like the prisoners of zero-sum philosophy you are. Some of you will join me before the others. So, why not make it easy on the rest of us, and leave this universe on my plundered hoard now? The entities you used to be will thank you in the end."

Keep up the great work. This was a pretty bleak but believable and intriguing take on a distant, technologically advanced future.