for Writing Poetry is for Losers

6/2 c5 5AnnieBC
"the white void/ around a frozen shiver"

*sigh* that enjambment is just too perfect!

333
6/2 c1 AnnieBC
Wow... I love the line "how many poems have i written down/ If no one knows they exist". That really speaks to the conflict between the desire to share your work and the desire to keep it secret that I think many artists feel. Good job catching that feeling in so few words!

I'm new to this website, so I'm not sure what the protocol is for offering constructive feedback... don't worry I'm not gonna flame lol. One thing that I noticed is that you have "now a days" as three words instead of one (nowadays).

I really liked this poem! I can't wait to read the rest!
7/25/2019 c1 19Ckh
"Writing Poetry is for Losers" - Yeah, who would waste their time writing boring o' poetry? *cough, cough*

Contrary to actual poets, I don't write daily poetry religiously. I only write down the poems I feel are strong enough - which is probably why I only publish yearly poems, huh. Anyways, I digress. Poems are fun to complete, even if they are a pain in the ass to write.

Who cares about people who hates poems? I mean, their remarks hurt, but what's important is your own personal satisfaction for having written your poems, yatta yatta. Online writing groups are a good place to get validation from your works. Its a shame that the FP community is dead, but maybe there are better poetry review sites out there.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service