for Card Force Infection

6/27 c24 ArcadeRabbit48
Another heavy chapter, but at least a bit sweeter than last time. Many skeletons are tumbling out of many closets. Not only everything with Montana, but also Aron at the bottom there too? But its hard to say if he's necessarily betrayed anyone, or what exactly the motive there is. Again, I really feel like there's a lot of setup going on. A good mix of immediate payoff, and slow burn.

Donovan continues to be an entertaining ass, so that's fun. Seeing him "ok boomer" his... cohort? Boss? Friend without benefits? is always fun to see.

All that said, getting some kinda shippy vibes from the two blonde ladies this chapter. Hoping that goes somewhere, but also possibly not and it could just be genuine concern too. And hey, Maxwell isn't being an asshole kinda!

Wonderful chapter overall, very much looking forward to the next.
6/27 c23 ArcadeRabbit48
This was a very heavy chapter, but I think you did very well with it. Hikaru is suffering and lashing out in a very believable way. I admit, I wasn't expecting things to go to quite this extreme. I do have to wonder though, what's the villain's plan? Corrupting people is one thing, but to drive them to these extremes starts to feel counter-intuitive. But then, there's probably something more to all of this infection business.

I appreciated the recap and catch up early for all the previous characters. Some are doing well, some are clearly not. That, what happened here, and the conversation on the nature of infection makes me think things are going to be coming to a head soon. Very well done.
6/27 c22 ArcadeRabbit48
So normally I'm incredibly not a fan of love triangles, but this chapter went incredibly well. You introduced the new rival, actually made him likable, and did a wonderful job of showing the new relationship blossom. And you did it all without it feeling melodramatic. Erica has a choice to make, as does Fletcher. Time is put in to highlighting why the characters feel the way they do and where the struggle lies, without feeling over the top.

I appreciate you keeping everyone on equal footing. Fletcher is suitably upset, but he's not really done anything overblown or horrible. Erica knows she has a choice to make, but she hasn't made it yet. So her getting closer to Arc isn't framed as being dishonest towards Fletcher. And Arc isn't an asshole! Its an actually well written love triangle!

(Fletcher really should just confess tho)
6/24 c24 FacultativeActivity
And it took me only two days :D After the heavy stuff in the last chapter it's good to see the characters taking their time to deal with the trauma and helping each other to do so.
So Yuu have a boyfriend who helps the devil's men, but also seems to be on Yuu's side...? It's a little confusing but I guess we'll get every detail in time. However, now with Aron (now I have to make an effort to not picture him as a muscular seahorse) and Arc in the picture Fletcher and Naota seems to be the best option left for each other, at least for now :D But even if by some miracle Fletcher would confess at this point, that still could be unfortunate because of the timing.
Oh, right, seeing the younger Naota was super cute. And with the all Magical Girl roleplaying, now I understand Hikaru's choice of deck even better. I like this kind of story-building: show an established team with clean roles, then show the details of their past.
So Hikaru opened up easier for Loano? I don't know if this is future ship material, or they just gona be really close friends, but their choice of program (slacking off and watching TV) seems great. Maybe I'm gonna check on Scrubs because of this novel.
6/23 c22 Wisp
Oh my - a three chapters update, just in time when I ran out, and I got mentioned in the notes! I'm really glad if my reviews gave genuie encoruagement. However make sure you get enough rest and fun time too, you do a great work.

Chapter was cool, I like these slice of life breather segments, especially becuase you put a lot of effort to the details. I mean the foods and places you introduce, and also now the hawaiian culture facts - I wonder if you go out of your way and make research, or you just include things you are interested in anyway.

Poor Fletcher, jealousy is a nasty little feeling. He seems to handle itt well, but I have a feeling that the good face he put on won't last forever. I'm afraid that with the infection around he plays with fire hideing his true feelings like that. Oh well, he's still far more self-reflective than I was in his age, so I can't really judge him.

By the way I self-expected that Arc turning out to be infected, but the guys probably would noticed that. He really seems a nice person, sometites a little too much so, but it's okay, it keeps up the tension. Just like Yuu, if you make someone look cool enough they don't even have to do anything suspicious :D

Now I have to decide either to let in instincs and bingeread the remaining two chapters, or try to shedule them for a few more days :D

Oh, I made a prorper account for this site yesterday. The name Wisp already was taken, so I'll post further reviews under the name FacultativeActivity.
6/23 c23 FacultativeActivity
Wow, this one is really a wham chapter, but the darker themes always swimmed near the surface in this story, and I was expecting something like that happening eventually. I think you did a great job with handling the topic without breaking the story's flow. Also, I feel like I have a better picture of Hikaru's character now. With two other people we run a community site for autistic people in Hungary, and sometimes we also run into the dilemma, that as non-professionals what we can, and what we should do for helping others, without crossing eiter their or our own boundaries. Somehow the cheerfull Magical Girl pack fighting with the dark, demon/fire themed one is seems a good representation for this. Sometimes you can help and you feel like a superhero, then sometimes you realise, you are a limited human being with a world full of darkness.

It's great that writing help you with coping. I think as long as you put content warnings like here, it's okay to write about anything, especially if it helps you with your own issues. And on the top of that, you're a good writer, and using topics you're personally related to is a good way bringig forth your full potential - of course until it not get intrusive to yourself.
6/22 c21 Wisp
For the first time, I wished for Fletcher's defeat, haha :D Confessing for two person is a frightening tought, especially if you hide your feelings from one of them as long as he did, so maybe an unbreakable magical contract would be the push he needed. It's funny he thinks that it's either magic or luck that Juri knew about his situation, when Zara could tell her about it.

I'm happy that Naota did get some more focus again - all the characters are great, all of them deserves the spotlight, and of course it's impossible for everyone to get it in every chapter, but I can't help, I'm pretty biased with him :D I think he would be happy if he'd knew that Fletcher have feelings towards him, even if not exlusiveley. However maybe he'd feel guilt for drawing his attention with his confession - I totally can imagine him accusing himself for giving Fletcher a hard time, and even endangering his potential relationship with Erica. But despite this it's still seems better for him to know.

Undertale references, yes! :D Since I found that game I run into it even if I don't search, but it's totally okay. I think if actually there would be some magical, reality-warper games, UT would be a good candidate with all that... you know. I won't write spoilers under an unrelated topic :D And Deltarune seems great so far too.

Sorry for not referring directly the duels and the game, it's not like I don't enjoy them (quite the opposite) I just don't have enough knowledge about the genre to really compare them to anything, so I usually just lay back and enjoy the tactical twists way above my level :D But what I noticed is how much your mid-battle dialouges improved in a short time. At the begining, it was almost just explainig rules and card effects, which is sureley necessary for this genre, but know they are engaging and lifelike, while they still give every information needed. And I love the puns. Great work :)
6/21 c19 Wisp
Haha, I love what have you done with the very end. So the eclipse will be during the schooldance... a minor fact for the characters, but a clear sign for us readers to exept some crazy things happening. Also I'm strating to get some slight Stranger Things vibes... can't tell exactly why, but definitely a good thing.
6/20 c18 Wisp
Poor Max. He clearly can be a jerk, and I doubt I would be his friend, but it still feels bad that no-one in the team seems to be in his side, when if I want to be honest, I probably would do the same... yeah, saving the world from the invisible Big Bad is important, but until then, there are actual people taking away innocents' freedom, just because controlling their condition would be too inconvinient. It kind of tragycomic that probably the blades agreeing the duel are the closest to understand him.

Hm... my faveroite character so far is obviously Naota. He's adorable, you feel sorry for him, but still a huge hidden badass when it comes to the game. It's good to see that he actually got confidence himself when playing, because otherwise he seems to have a lot of problem with selfesteem. I ship him with Fletcher - I want him to be happy, and I can't trust in Yuu just jet, however my opinion may change on the later topic. However shiping them (or shiping Fletcher with Erica) feels a litle like saying that you have to opt for your first crush, despite you probably know yourself better when you fall in love in the second time. But maybe it's just me, clearly there are childhood romances not based on only the lack of options, and Fletcher and Erica surley would be cute too, I just prefer FletcherXNaota.
6/15 c10 Wisp
Oh my God, you made Naota way too cuto for me to handle :D I hope she's get lucky with Fletcher (since she don't seems to use singular they to define herself I'll just stick to the last noun used in the chapter I guess).

Now, for the overall story, I really enjoying it so far. I watched Yu-Gi-Oh and Duel Masters as a child, but never really getcught up on CCG-s, so its more like a story genre for me. This story bring back the childhood memories and exitment, but it's not feel at all like it was writen especially for children. Maybe card battleing seinen not the most accurate term, but that's was my forst tought. I'm happy I find this when so many chapters was already out, I looking forward to bingeread it, and keep up the cool work :)

(Also, I noticed a few errors not connected to the game [those, if were, probably whoosed over me], mostly minor typos and a few confused names, like Jet called Joe or Jimmy. Maybe I post a list later, I hope i's not seems cavil.)
6/2 c21 ArcadeRabbit48
Oh, poor Fletcher really does not understand romance. His heart is in the right place, but oh goodness. That boy is going to fall hard, and it will be amazing.

Really glad to see Zara again. I liked her the first time, I liked her this time, and its cool seeing a die character get some solid development! Always bothers me when Characters of the Week never show up again. Especially when the main characters are all like "yeah we'll totally help you we should be friends and stuff" and then we never see them again.

Games itself was great. Always a fan of Protect the Castle strategies, and this castle came built in with a revival effect! Very creative use of healing and offense, very fun to see. Also glad to see Fletcher play again. Never quite noticed it before, but I like the theme of his cards gaining the abilities and keywords of other card. Very cool.

Fuck yeah, Adoraborb
5/31 c21 wingedcatgirl
I'm getting distinct polyamory feels, here :3c
5/22 c20 ArcadeRabbit48
You should have saved that joke, that's really good.

So, the date was adorable! And also made me very hungry to read, but that's kinda on me. You clearly did a lot of research on some fun foods for the characters to try, and the effort is appreciated. Their interactions were really sweet too, I quite enjoyed getting to see the two together.

The game itself was fun too. Nice to see a good old fashioned undead deck. But the stuff surrounding the game was the real highlight. Things are going to be rough for these two. I understand where they're both coming from, and I'm glad Nayuta and Kousuke are so understanding, but still. This has to be rough on Alicia, especially since she's the one who dragged her girlfriend into all of this. I hope things work out for them.

I hope Maxwell finds out.
5/13 c19 ArcadeRabbit48
This was a very busy chapter, I liked seeing the different scenes cut up across the day. Seeing everyone hang out together was fun, and we learned a bit more about Alicia too! Very interesting. And Maxwell seems to be taking his situation well.

Speaking of Maxwell, I really liked Kousuke's pragmatic logic. In general, this series seems to take its characters' emotions and reactions into account really well. Its not something you see terribly often in these sorts of stories, so I'm glad people are actually trying to prevent problems from happening.

The game was fun too. Glad to see more Strange cards in play, and for Kousuke to get a little more focus too. Gravity's Glory was a really fun way to finish things off, I like that card.
4/28 c18 ArcadeRabbit48
Oh my god this chapter was huge, but it didn't feel like it at all! All of the backstory stuff was fascinating, I had no idea just how close Maxwell and Nayuta were. Not friendly by any means, but certainly surprisingly close. And all the different flashbacks showed off so much, and we finally got to see Kelvin too!

The game was fantastic. Every single turn was a huge comeback. We had more turnabouts here than an Ace Attorney game. You're skill at writing these games has improved tremendously, both in complexity but also clarity. Each deck has such a unique strategy to it, and several decks have multiple victory conditions too. It was really cool seeing Maxwell switch over to a more swarm-oriented strategy. And the stuff with Kousuke was so cool, I really want to see more of him.
32 Page 1 .. Last Next »