for The Zilos Chronicles Volume Three: The Vengeful Inferno

2h c11 45Nerissa-McC
Sorry for taking so long to review this chapter; my computer stopped working and I had to get a new one :/

The fight between Voltaire and Kill-Zone is so cool! Oooh, is Greymont going to learn what he really is soon? *crosses fingers*
8/1 c11 1Flute Ocean
I was honestly surprised at Kill-Zone's true identity. Might be seeing more of him now that he probably can't rely on Electro Ball as his chief source of income. Same thing with Jekyll, although he's apparently the type with more than one "secret identity" lying around to use.

Some pretty nice fights in this chapter. :) But it sounds like from what the Don blabbed that they may not be ready to call it quits on foes from Rakthia just yet. It'll depend on what all awaits them in Wrynis, although I think it's a safe bet to expect more of the Iblis Corps.

See you next chapter. :)
7/19 c10 45Nerissa-McC
LOL, you know Greymont's really worried when he stops eating XD Olba's death creeped me out 0_0 Yikes, Jekyll's terrifying! I hope he's defeated soon 0_0
7/18 c10 1Flute Ocean
And so the brief stopover yields its rewards, but also gets more exciting as we've got a couple of old enemies from Los Midas to deal with. Richard's not quite done with his "Requiem" persona either it seems...at least in a manner of speaking. Even without factoring in Rakthia this trip just got a lot rougher.

Nice chapter. Looking forward to how the next one turns out. :)
7/3 c9 Flute Ocean
Well, the gang (most of them) took the news better than I thought they would. And with that, it's off on a new mission.

Interesting foreshadowing about the Czar. It makes me wonder a bit if the real reason Ares ended up replacing the king in the Aurino Republic as opposed to one of the other three world powers...as, ideally, he could have gone with any of the three all along and had the same chances of success...was because he was in fact, in a sense, the weakest of the three when taking him personally plus strength of a nation and subordinates into account.

It's a bit of a shock to see Richard and company not sneaking in somewhere for once. :P

We got the setup...now to see what comes of this meeting. Nothing good for Richard and company, it would appear...but how the overall objective will fare is yet to be determined. See you next chapter. :)
7/2 c9 45Nerissa-McC
LOL, Greymont's still thinking about food XD The mental image of Miriam petting him is adorable! Oh no, what's Jeremy planning? :o
6/19 c8 1Flute Ocean
A few unexpected reunions in this chapter. Glad to see Dan and Voltaire are staying on good terms.

Uh...what exactly Fiona has in mind kind of disturbs me...especially if it involves any, ahem, "passionate hugging".

Hmm...the real king might be back, but I wonder for just how long Richard and him will see eye-to-eye. Getting the rest of "the gang" to go along with him on the attack on Arcticos was one thing, but I think Richard's going to have his hands full trying to talk them into being part of this Crimson Dragoon unit. Dan and his friends most of all. We'll see...

See you next chapter. :)
6/19 c8 45Nerissa-McC
Awww, the thought of Greymont eating turkey and wagging his tail is so cute! He acts more like an adorable puppy than a dragon XD Glad to see Richard's family is becoming slightly less dysfunctional! (Though I hope it lasts 0_0 )
6/17 c3 Deez Fitz
Andross is back and Requiem is going balls deep... things are getting intense. Articos seems like a cool place too.

See you next time, Space Cowboy!
6/7 c7 1Flute Ocean
Veronica seemed to be rather forgiving without a good explanation for Nilock pretty quickly, but it's her son, for crying out loud...so it's more understandable. I do figure she'd be a bit more horrified that she's been sleeping with that thing, though...

Hmm...I wonder what doing Geoshift on Gargan himself would do? Of course, in his case, it's more like his whole body became one big Geoshift spell. So if all the Jinn Cadre are able to basically become "elemental" versions of themselves, it would mean the "wind" one would essentially be the worst as he'd be nothing but invisible vapor. Morgiana, on the other hand, if she plans on transforming herself into nothing but fire for her own trump card, would need some constant state of fuel and air in order to keep it burning, so she might actually be at a disadvantage...but thinking too far ahead right now.

Gargan's Scooby-Doo-esque line made me snicker. :) Anyway, I figure Ares would have offed him anyway if he had been close enough to hear his final words. Rather than being stubborn to the end like one would think from his minions he blubbered and pleaded for mercy. He might have gotten off easy with merely being atomized by the king.

Speaking of the king, the real deal is back. He also seemed to recover from things fairly quickly. I mean, just seeing Richard looking so much older and more time-scarred and hardened I figured would have been a bigger shock to him. Fortunately, not so much of a shock that he couldn't show himself off. Definitely seems to be the biggest and baddest so far.

Normally this would be the point where I'd say the happiness of the family reunion was a bit premature, BUT...I've already talked with you about that, so for now Richard seems to get his happy climax resolution...much to Kristen's chagrin. Obviously bad stuff in the future coming from that, but for now they got more immediate threats.

This was a pretty action-packed milestone of a chapter. Nice job. See you next time. :)
6/7 c7 45Nerissa-McC
Aww, the mental image of Greymont wagging his tail is so cute! :D LOL, poor Raphael must be so confused by all this XD Uh-oh, sounds like Kristen is going to betray them soon 0_0
5/25 c6 1Flute Ocean
Quite the "Worf Effect" in this one. Richard, Greymont, Yuen, and Dan must have gotten strong indeed if they can take out Orion...although thinking about it more technically they didn't, just gave him an injury he couldn't shrug off.

This was the one reveal I knew was coming but, even so, I had a feeling something was up with the king ever since the end of Volume Two. Either that or he was just a colossal jerk. This Gargan guy talks pretty big for someone who just hid on the sidelines and let Orion do all the work five minutes ago. :P But I'm sure he's got some nastiness like the rest of the Jinn Cadre. I'd wonder if Raphael will drop in and make himself useful for once, but he might also allow another escape.

Oh Ares...one of these days you're going to regret not just killing people outright when you have the chance.

See you next chapter.
5/24 c6 45Nerissa-McC
I loved it when Greymont told Andross he wasn't a tool to use! You tell him, Greymont! *cheers him on* Yikes, the part where Andross/Gargan began to melt is so gross and terrifying 0_0
5/12 c2 Deez Fitz
Seems like some interesting stuff is brewing with Strickland and Diamond Don. Also I recognize and appreciate the inside Zach joke, nice.

Nice to see the crew enjoying themselves a bit while they make plans for the future. Looking forward to seeing those in action.

See you next chapter, Space Cowboy!
5/9 c5 Nerissa-McC
All the fights in this chapter are pretty awesome! I'm a bit disappointed Greymont didn't have more screentime (pagetime?) though. Somehow I get the feeling Andross's overconfidence is going to come back to bite him soon!
25 Page 1 2 Next »