for The Zilos Chronicles Volume Three: The Vengeful Inferno

10/1/2020 c15 1Flute Ocean
Oh boo hoo. Let me play for these omnicidal maniacs on the world's tiniest violin. I just realized they're the epitome of entitled. They're not going "Mr. or Mrs. X owes me", or "this country owes me", or even "society owes me"...they've gone full wacko and are saying "the human species owes me". How grotesquely conceited.

Anyway, now we're well into the final act of this volume and, most likely, the entire trilogy. Time for the biggest climax yet. This will probably be Deacon and Morgana's last hurrah, but seeing as only the king has shown himself capable of taking on a Jinn Cadre one-on-one, Richard could be in trouble. The big question now for me is if everyone else outside will finish cleaning up dragon corpses soon enough to join in.

Well...that and one other thing that concerns me. Those Rakthia guys still have quite a few nuclear weapons on them. I wonder if one of them will get skittish and pull a move that will be a game changer...

10/1/2020 c15 49Nerissa-McC
Even though they're dangerous and trying to kill Richard and his friends, the undead dragons are so cool! Oh no, I hope Richard finds some way to escape Morgana before it's too late 0_0
9/15/2020 c14 1Flute Ocean
Well, the hits keep coming. As bad as that conference went, the Aurino forces might find themselves caught up in a two-way or even a three-way war when they get there even not accounting for the Iblis Corps.

Kristen's got a good point. Really, Morgana isn't better than any of the Jinn Cadre, and she's just as much of an omnicidal maniac and a sadist to boot. Richard should just focus on taking her down as quickly as possible regardless of Kristen's private motivations.

I'm a bit surprised to see everyone so casual and optimistic. As near as I can tell, they can't even take down a guy with one Dragon Helix Emerald, which means they've got no chance of success now that they have all of them. And considering that every attempt they've made to stop the Iblis Corps has ended with either failure or defeat, I really wonder what makes them all think they'll somehow succeed. And all of this means that the end of the world is inevitable. If I were them, I'd be crossing my fingers that the villains can't control Xorgoth when he gets revived, because they might as well hope he takes out the bad guys and they end up breaking even. :P

9/15/2020 c14 49Nerissa-McC
Yikes, Miriam's cinnamon turkey sounds almost as dangerous as Ares and co. 0_0 Poor Richard and his friends can never get a break; they've just survived one battle and now they have to fight another :( I hope they all get a holiday after they defeat Ares! *crosses fingers*
8/29/2020 c13 1Flute Ocean
Interesting to get a bit of new lore at this point in the story, although I'd say in the grand scheme of things it doesn't change too much from the perspective of humanity. It DOES, however, make humans much weaker than what they give themselves credit for if they were only able to win last time with the support of other dragons.

Another glorious defeat for Richard and company. :/

See you next chapter.
8/29/2020 c13 49Nerissa-McC
Aww, so poor Greymont still hasn't found his parents :'( I hope he finds out about them soon! *crosses fingers* Oooh, so he might be able to take a human form too? Can't wait to see that! :D
8/16/2020 c12 1Flute Ocean
Hardly a moment to rest, and already on the next stage of their adventure.

Oh boy...Morganna's around. And unlike Richard, she knows who he is and that she needs to kill him and the rest of his gang. This doesn't bode well...

Big surprise at the end. Turns out not all the dragons got killed by that virus after all, eh? Next chapter promises to be an interesting story...assuming Morganna doesn't cut it short with her own move, of course.

Nice chapter. See you next time. :)
8/16/2020 c12 49Nerissa-McC
Wrynis sounds so cool! I love the idea of a place being covered with coral; it's beautiful and also a bit eerie :) Yay, Greymont isn't the only dragon after all! *punches air* I hope the other dragons are as adorable as he is :D Though that last line is very ominous 0_0
8/14/2020 c11 Nerissa-McC
Sorry for taking so long to review this chapter; my computer stopped working and I had to get a new one :/

The fight between Voltaire and Kill-Zone is so cool! Oooh, is Greymont going to learn what he really is soon? *crosses fingers*
8/1/2020 c11 1Flute Ocean
I was honestly surprised at Kill-Zone's true identity. Might be seeing more of him now that he probably can't rely on Electro Ball as his chief source of income. Same thing with Jekyll, although he's apparently the type with more than one "secret identity" lying around to use.

Some pretty nice fights in this chapter. :) But it sounds like from what the Don blabbed that they may not be ready to call it quits on foes from Rakthia just yet. It'll depend on what all awaits them in Wrynis, although I think it's a safe bet to expect more of the Iblis Corps.

7/19/2020 c10 49Nerissa-McC
LOL, you know Greymont's really worried when he stops eating XD Olba's death creeped me out 0_0 Yikes, Jekyll's terrifying! I hope he's defeated soon 0_0
7/18/2020 c10 1Flute Ocean
And so the brief stopover yields its rewards, but also gets more exciting as we've got a couple of old enemies from Los Midas to deal with. Richard's not quite done with his "Requiem" persona either it seems...at least in a manner of speaking. Even without factoring in Rakthia this trip just got a lot rougher.

Nice chapter. Looking forward to how the next one turns out. :)
7/3/2020 c9 Flute Ocean
Well, the gang (most of them) took the news better than I thought they would. And with that, it's off on a new mission.

Interesting foreshadowing about the Czar. It makes me wonder a bit if the real reason Ares ended up replacing the king in the Aurino Republic as opposed to one of the other three world powers...as, ideally, he could have gone with any of the three all along and had the same chances of success...was because he was in fact, in a sense, the weakest of the three when taking him personally plus strength of a nation and subordinates into account.

It's a bit of a shock to see Richard and company not sneaking in somewhere for once. :P

We got the setup...now to see what comes of this meeting. Nothing good for Richard and company, it would appear...but how the overall objective will fare is yet to be determined. See you next chapter. :)
7/2/2020 c9 49Nerissa-McC
LOL, Greymont's still thinking about food XD The mental image of Miriam petting him is adorable! Oh no, what's Jeremy planning? :o
6/19/2020 c8 1Flute Ocean
A few unexpected reunions in this chapter. Glad to see Dan and Voltaire are staying on good terms.

Uh...what exactly Fiona has in mind kind of disturbs me...especially if it involves any, ahem, "passionate hugging".

Hmm...the real king might be back, but I wonder for just how long Richard and him will see eye-to-eye. Getting the rest of "the gang" to go along with him on the attack on Arcticos was one thing, but I think Richard's going to have his hands full trying to talk them into being part of this Crimson Dragoon unit. Dan and his friends most of all. We'll see...

48 « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »